Good Morning Thailand | Stefanie the Sandboxer Update, Covid latest, Viewer questions

Thaiger

Today Jay and Tim talk with Stefanie about her situation in her ASQ hotel and if there have been any developments over the past few days or a possibility of getting out of quarantine. Covid latest and a chance for our viewers to ask Stefanie some questions. You can watch the full video about Stefanie’s story here… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_91SYF456UU

The post Good Morning Thailand | Stefanie the Sandboxer Update, Covid latest, Viewer questions appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Interesting interview, thanks for showing it. Perhaps you could keep in touch with Stephanie as she roams Thailand, it would be a good segment once a week or so.  She does a good job on camera and sounds like an interesting person.

My questions about her situation;

1/ The man from UAE who tested positive- was he actually vaccinated or did he have a bogus certificate? Ditto his test results.

2/ Where is he now? In quarantine in Phuket or going home?

3/ Why aren't the OTHER people who sat close to him on the plane also in quarantine for 14 days? Why were they allowed to fly home?

Seriously though, a fully vaccinated person who contacts a Covid positive person is at very very little risk. Even if they do catch Covid, it will be extremely weak. Ditto spreading the virus.  The chance of a vaccinated person spreading Covid is almost nil.   

This whole situation sounds like the Phuket tourst authorities were just making things up on the spot.

2 minutes ago, BeerIsLife said:

Interesting interview, thanks for showing it. Perhaps you could keep in touch with Stephanie as she roams Thailand, it would be a good segment once a week or so.  She does a good job on camera and sounds like an interesting person.

My questions about her situation;

1/ The man from UAE who tested positive- was he actually vaccinated or did he have a bogus certificate? Ditto his test results.

2/ Where is he now? In quarantine in Phuket or going home?

3/ Why aren't the OTHER people who sat close to him on the plane also in quarantine for 14 days? Why were they allowed to fly home?

Seriously though, a fully vaccinated person who contacts a Covid positive person is at very very little risk. Even if they do catch Covid, it will be extremely weak. Ditto spreading the virus.  The chance of a vaccinated person spreading Covid is almost nil.   

This whole situation sounds like the Phuket tourst authorities were just making things up on the spot.

1. She is unlikely to know, but there's been no suggestion in the media of any faking.

2. Neither. He's in hospital, as required, reported and insured.

3. Have they been allowed to fly home?

According to Stefanie, she was aware before she left Germany that there was a risk she'd be quarantined and she was told that, in writing, but took the risk.

• Like 1

Stephanie's situation is one my wife and I discussed about returning to Thailand.  Testing negative twice means nothing to the Thai officials.  If she tests negative for a third time, I think Stephanie transitions from a guest to a hostage.  Germany is a very understanding country today but I would not test their patience.  To detain a guest in an ALQ who is negative but allow the person to board an airplane and expose luggage handlers, airport staff, flight attendants, flight crew, the remainder of his family and then even more people after landing is unfathomable.  I tip my hat to Stephanie who has taken this in stride...much better than I would have.  Come on Consult and Embassy officials for Germany.  Please, please pressure the Thai government to do the right thing behind closed doors.     

• Like 1

I've watched the interview and yet again, am left with nothing but admiration for Steffanie. She admits that she knew there was a risk. She gambled. She lost. She didn't ask for special treatment. This is a woman who exudes an air of trustworthiness that seems to have gone out of fashion, and does not make the slightest attempt to portray herself as a victim.

The questions asked in the interview cleared up some of my outstanding queries. Yet I don't understand how the family group are considered too high risk to be allowed to wander around Phuket, and yet are safe enough to be allowed to board an aircraft. I recall reading that seven Thais (mainly drivers) were also put into ALQ's. Under the circumstances, I have to ask the question, Where are they now?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BeerIsLife said:

Like that's never happened before! 5 5 5 

• Like 1