News Forum - Australian man injured after Pattaya bar fight (video)

Thaiger

An Australian man was left injured after a bar fight in Pattaya in the early hours of Saturday morning. A conflict reportedly began between Australian national 52 year old Troy Robert, and a Thai man between 20 and 25 years old, over a brief exchange of looks. The incident happened at the UB Me Bar …

The story Australian man injured after Pattaya bar fight (video) as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

50-year-old picking a fight with a 25-year-old, stupid.

He isn't totally stupid though.

Had enough smarts to apologise to all and admit his error. 🙄

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Khunmark said:

Not a lot of good happens in Pattaya after midnight.

Indeed, no reason for grown 50 plus year old men to be out that late in a place like Pattaya.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

Everyone is a tough guy until they get punched in the face.
I've always told farangs, don't get involved in arguments or fights with Thais, it won't end well for you as there's a decent chance you'll get ganged up on or the Thai guy knows Muay Thai etc.  You're a guest in the country, be the bigger man and walk away from confrontations.

• Like 1

I take it all the good looking girls also fled the bar.

Seriously. I wouldn't ride any of them into a battle. 

• Haha 1

Another aging foreigner who has a few beers and thinks he's a tough guy.

Then gets a rude awakening. 

Hopefully he'll learn his lesson. 

People who can't drink without getting riled up over a look should stay at home. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Saunk said:

Everyone is a tough guy until they get punched in the face.
I've always told farangs, don't get involved in arguments or fights with Thais, it won't end well for you as there's a decent chance you'll get ganged up on or the Thai guy knows Muay Thai etc.  You're a guest in the country, be the bigger man and walk away from confrontations.

I don't agree with that at all and part of the reason some of these little Thai assholes think they can act like tough guys because the farang won't do anything 

I've had my share of rows and I'm not looking for a fight but if some little a-hole starts shit I let him have it

If they see you aren't afraid, they are pussies and back off 

• Like 2

^ The other day I posted about taking a right turn and his this young Thai guy tried to pass me on the right and he stopped and was screaming at me

He had a stick and raised it to me

I told him if he even thought of swinging that stick at me I'd kill him

He slunk away.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

^ The other day I posted about taking a right turn and his this young Thai guy tried to pass me on the right and he stopped and was screaming at me

He had a stick and raised it to me

I told him if he even thought of swinging that stick at me I'd kill him

He slunk away.....

You do understand (in Thai motoring terms) that you were in the round?

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

I take it all the good looking girls also fled the bar.

Seriously. I wouldn't ride any of them into a battle. 

Soi 7 - never a location renowned for it's lookers. Surprised it is still alive at all, this time last year I would have put money on it being levelled and redeveloped.

• Like 1

I agree soi 7 is worse now than it’s ever been and it was never much good to begin with, every bar plays its own music and the result is horrendous on the ears. Plus they don’t get a lot of custom so most will try to scam you on the bar bill so customers stay away a second time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chaimai said:

You do understand (in Thai motoring terms) that you were in the round?

No I wasn't 

You are allowed to take a right into a business 

And I put my turn signal many metres ahead and slowed down plenty of time before taking the right

And the idiot passed me on the right by driving into the wrong side of the road

There is no scenario in there that I was wrong .....

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

No I wasn't 

You are allowed to take a right into a business 

And I put my turn signal many metres ahead and slowed down plenty of time before taking the right

And the idiot passed me on the right by driving into the wrong side of the road

There is no scenario in there that I was wrong .....

Thank you for proving my point.

You are legally right (which is, of course, sometimes helpful).

However, many/most Thais believe that to turn right, you first pullover to the left.......fact.

It first happened to me 16 years ago when, on my motocy, I indicated to turn right into the cul-de-sac where I lived. I just picked up in my mirror two lads coming up almost beside me. They pointed to the left  suggesting that is where my positioning should be for a right hand turn. These lads were not village oiks, the were late teens/early 20's and dressed smartly.

I was already aware of the contents of the Land Traffic Act, B.E. 2522 (1979) but I also knew that none of the Thai residents in Buriram would have read a copy. 

On one occasion I was heading home, driving my pick up on rural roads doing about 70 kph, when an old guy on his motocy,  with a young child onboard, came out of a rice field road to my right. He came straight out and was on a collision course with the side of my vehicle when I blasted my horn and he dis what all Thais instinctively do - turned inwards ...I missed him by whisker. Later, I discovered that he was the uncle of my missus. She said that I was lucky that I missed them - I said THEY were f#$@#$ lucky that I managed to miss them. "No", she said, "if you had hit them (and killed or injured them) it would have been a problem for you". Those who know, know. Irrespective of the legal right and wrong the local gendarmerie would seek to deal with such situations the Thai way. 

Such situations are likely to be less common in Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai etc but the reaction that Marc26 posted above shows that ignorance is alive and well with Thai drivers everywhere.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Marc26 said:

If they see you aren't afraid, they are pussies and back off 

Very true🙃

18 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

However, many/most Thais believe that to turn right, you first pullover to the left.......fact.

Bloody Victorians in Melbourne Aust. had 3 intersections that you turned left to turn right. All well and good until you are driving an articulated vehicle 40+ metres long, then they abuse you for obeying the law. 🤣

29 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Thank you for proving my point.

You are legally right (which is, of course, sometimes helpful).

It first happened to me 16 years ago when, on my motocy, I indicated to turn right into the cul-de-sac where I lived. I just picked up in my mirror two lads coming up almost beside me. They pointed to the left  suggesting that is where my positioning should be for a right hand turn. These lads were not village oiks, the were late teens/early 20's and dressed smartly.

I was already aware of the contents of the Land Traffic Act, B.E. 2522 (1979) but I also knew that none of the Thai residents in Buriram would have read a copy. 

On one occasion I was heading home, driving my pick up on rural roads doing about 70 kph, when an old guy on his motocy,  with a young child onboard, came out of a rice field road to my right. He came straight out and was on a collision course with the side of my vehicle when I blasted my horn and he dis what all Thais instinctively do - turned inwards ...I missed him by whisker. Later, I discovered that he was the uncle of my missus. She said that I was lucky that I missed them - I said THEY were f#$@#$ lucky that I managed to miss them. "No", she said, "if you had hit them (and killed or injured them) it would have been a problem for you". Those who know, know. Irrespective of the legal right and wrong the local gendarmerie would seek to deal with such situations the Thai way. 

Such situations are likely to be less common in Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai etc but the reaction that Marc26 posted above shows that ignorance is alive and well with Thai drivers everywhere.

I get all that

And I truly was wondering if I wasn't allowed

But normal Thai drivers like my wife wouldn't pass on the right and go into the right oncoming lane to do so

So it shouldn't bring that reaction 

And I will tell them I'll smack the shit out of them everytime they start making a scene about it 555

• Haha 1

Pathetic display by all concerned. However, the Australian did not look like the nicest of people to start with.

The best part of the video was the  large man/ woman/beast adjusting its halter top after the melee. 

BAD place, BAD time,  BAD attitude , all equal trouble in this rip-off city.  One might think they’re getting an inexpensive sex vacation, but rip-offs,  corruption,  and being naive can make it costly.    That town is equivalent to the worst Red Light districts in any big city.  Singles go there for Booze, Drugs, Sex (straight or otherwise) , and basically Action in general.  But recent mysterious deaths have thrown an uneasy parlor on the city.  Hypocritical government officials may attempt to paint Pattaya as a family oriented retreat, but it’s really a destination for males to “sow their oaks”.

On 3/7/2023 at 9:03 PM, Saunk said:

Indeed, no reason for grown 50 plus year old men to be out that late in a place like Pattaya.

He's 50, not dead!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, palooka said:

Bloody Victorians in Melbourne Aust. had 3 intersections that you turned left to turn right. All well and good until you are driving an articulated vehicle 40+ metres long, then they abuse you for obeying the law. 🤣

I just say bloody Victorians and stop there!

• Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 11:50 AM, Thaiger said:

An Australian man was left injured after a bar fight in Pattaya in the early hours of Saturday morning. A conflict reportedly began between Australian national 52 year old Troy Robert, and a Thai man between 20 and 25 years old, over a brief exchange of looks. The incident happened at the UB Me Bar …

The story Australian man injured after Pattaya bar fight (video) as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

50 years old ... Live and Let Live.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LOL! This is supposed to be news? A couple of guys get into a bar fight especially high season when there's even more hooligan idiots in town what a laugh, oy vey...