News Forum - Meatball factory shut down for illegal meat production

Thaiger

Do you really know if that meatball you are eating is legit? An unregistered meatball factory in Khlong Luang district of Pathum Thani Province was raided by officials from the Thai Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Central Investigation Bureau, due to alleged violations of food safety regulations. The factory had been producing low-quality …

The story Meatball factory shut down for illegal meat production as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I have no idea why people just don't cook for themselves more than they do. I usually cook each day.  I know my ingredients and I know where it all comes from, I also know the high hygiene standards and good food prep in my own kitchen. During two tours in the Military in hot, exotic locations (well one was Malta, so maybe not all that exotic), the advice was always stay away from street food and odd looking food outlets and cook food yourself as much as possible.  I ignored that good advice once in Hong Kong and spent a week in hospital as a consequence, never again,  I hope.  

• Like 2

his “Ja Ae” brand of pork meatball product. He said that the factory had spent the past two years distributing 300-800 kilogrammes of meatballs per day.

So something in the region of hundreds of tonnes of product and he gets a max of ten years and a fine of up to 100,000 baht.  (Max he'll never see)

Very profitable, no wonder it keeps happening.

• Like 1

That skewer in the street food stall, or even night market, looks good and smells even better. But do you know where it comes from? Well, sometimes you do, after coming across articles like this one.