News Forum - Independent Chinese travellers demand freedom

Thaiger

Independent Chinese travellers are set to shake up expectations in Thailand and across all of Southeast Asia. More than 10 million Chinese tourists visited Thailand in 2019. Almost all of them were on a strict schedule overseen by a terrifying tour guide. Almost all spent most of their money on Chinese-owned operations. Many were riding …

The story Independent Chinese travellers demand freedom as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

9 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Almost all of them were on a strict schedule overseen by a terrifying tour guide.

No, about 35% of them were. Are you Fox news? (A joke).

Well....you can't cheat people always. Now most of the Chinses tourists have learned their lessons on how to avoid rip off. So have to accept the fact. Very soon they will be travelling like nomads and back packing on their own. With some help from Mr. Google anything is possible now a days. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Well....you can't cheat people always. Now most of the Chinses tourists have learned their lessons on how to avoid rip off. So have to accept the fact. Very soon they will be travelling like nomads and back packing on their own. With some help from Mr. Google anything is possible now a days. 

Cue all the people saying that Google is banned in China!!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Cue all the people saying that Google is banned in China!!

Once out of China can always download that application to the handphone. Further there are also many chinese version of translation applications which can be used by them. Nothing is impossible now a days..😉

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 5:16 PM, Ramanathan.P said:

Once out of China can always download that application to the handphone. Further there are also many chinese version of translation applications which can be used by them. Nothing is impossible now a days..😉

Err...I know, I'm in China. 😉

Edited by Faz
Image in breach of FG's removed.

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

No, about 35% of them were. Are you Fox news? (A joke).

I am shocked that the forum's resident Xi-bot would admit to even 35%, given that according to both the Thai and Chinese governments the low\zero dollar tour packages have been completely eliminated. Care to provide a source, as it seems low compared to the vast swarms of Chinese package tourists that used to be seen infesting major aťtractions (and not just in Thailand)?

• Like 3

Many were riding around in buses provided by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s family business.

Election year and snippets likes this sneaking into the media.

Pnut you're losing your touch. Definitely time to get on a bus to somewhere else.

(S..t I gave away his escape method.) 😂

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, palooka said:

Many were riding around in buses provided by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s family business.

Election year and snippets likes this sneaking into the media.

Pnut you're losing your touch. Definitely time to get on a bus to somewhere else.

(S..t I gave away his escape method.) 😂

Repainted (temporarily) RTA buses by chance?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpish said:

Care to provide a source, as it seems low compared to the vast swarms of Chinese package tourists that used to be seen infesting major aťtractions (and not just in Thailand)?

Swarms? as in locusts? Another pest that can be eliminated without loss of conscience.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Almost all spent most of their money on Chinese-owned operations.

So Thailand allows foreign-owned businesses to operate? That was news to me.

1 hour ago, Viggen840 said:

So Thailand allows foreign-owned businesses to operate? That was news to me.

Proxies. Shell companies. Law firms have entire practices devoted to making inconvenient issues like restrictions on foreign ownership (something not unique to Thailand) go away.