News Forum - Despite population being unknown, India is set to become most populous country in world

Thaiger

Despite its population being unknown, India is slated to become the most populous country in the world in two months. According to the United Nations, India may surpass China in population on April 14 when it reaches 1,425,775,850. But, as the latest census data hasn’t been released, it is hard to tell if the UN’s …

The story Despite population being unknown, India is set to become most populous country in world as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This is just irresponsible by the two countries on our planet having way over 1 billion people. Even having the USA being 3rd at 331 million is no way is even close to the the top 2 being over 4 times of that population creating an overload on the world. And it is not even including the ones from their countries taking up residence in other countries. These governments drastically need to get their acts together.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Despite its population being unknown, India is slated to become the most populous country in the world in two months

That sentence is nonsense.  If it is unknown then nobody knows, therefore a valid conclusion can't be reached. In other words, its a guess. No wonder kids are no longer aware of the correct use of English. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

That sentence is nonsense.  If it is unknown then nobody knows, therefore a valid conclusion can't be reached. In other words, its a guess. No wonder kids are no longer aware of the correct use of English. 

I take offense to that. Me already teach my kids how to talk English real good.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

This is just irresponsible by the two countries on our planet having way over 1 billion people. Even having the USA being 3rd at 331 million is no way is even close to the the top 2 being over 4 times of that population creating an overload on the world. And it is not even including the ones from their countries taking up residence in other countries. These governments drastically need to get their acts together.

Universal education for girls and financial independence is the key. Best contraceptive there is.

8 minutes ago, Khunmark said:

Universal education for girls and financial independence is the key. Best contraceptive there is.

Not quite sure how to nip this problem in the bud. But something certainly needs to be done, especially in the two top countries. Minus 500,000 people per each of these countries still won't hit the nail on the head. They need to be responsible and sorry to say but they unfortunately drew the wrong straw being born into these 2 countries but mother nature and every one else in the world also pays the price for it. Maybe need another scenario of well placed floods and arks.

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Totally correct. When it comes to climate change and ecological damage, the finger is often pointed at developed western countries for the damage done due to the Industrial Revolution. What they fail to see, is that countries like China and India with their massive populations are also adding damage to the planet due to population. I guess both will ask for the west to pay them money not to have kids! 

• Like 1

Just now, Soidog said:

Totally correct. When it comes to climate change and ecological damage, the finger is often pointed at developed western countries for the damage done due to the Industrial Revolution. What they fail to see, is that countries like China and India with their massive populations are also adding damage to the planet due to population. I guess both will ask for the west to pay them money not to have kids! 

Yes agree, Say it is the cold season or winter and you think if 300,000 from each country (600,000) make a fire to stay warm everyday or just to eat, then that just alone contributes heavily to hurting the world. It should not be a right to have babies in overpopulated countries, even though I think every human being should be able to have a child and enjoy them. Best thing I ever did was to have my kids. But then I stopped. We must think of the next generations a nd not to be ignorant or selfish.

3 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

We must think of the next generations a nd not to be ignorant or selfish.

What a paradise world that would be if people weren’t ignorant or selfish. Both of these human traits sit at the heart of much of our problems. Give me a dog over a human for attitude anytime.

4 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Give me a dog over a human for attitude anytime.

Yeah I don't know, but in my younger years I used to sometimes ask a girl friend to bark. Or was it cluck like a chicken?

27 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Not quite sure how to nip this problem in the bud. But something certainly needs to be done, especially in the two top countries. Minus 500,000 people per each of these countries still won't hit the nail on the head. They need to be responsible and sorry to say but they unfortunately drew the wrong straw being born into these 2 countries but mother nature and every one else in the world also pays the price for it. Maybe need another scenario of well placed floods and arks.

Simple, you divide them into states/provinces. India has 28 and China 23. Then they are no longer the two most populous nations on earth.

30 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Yes, they always go out of their way to avoid the elephant in the room, for fear of triggering the snowflakes. Per head of population, carbon emmisions from the US are the highest by quite a long way - but total emmisions from China and India swamp everybody elses, and they are also the first countries to go round with the begging bowl when it comes to initiatives to make reductions.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah I don't know, but in my younger years I used to sometimes ask a girl friend to bark. Or was it cluck like a chicken?

I deliberately included the word “attitude” to try to avoid such jokes 😂😂. Originally I just said “give me a dog over a human anytime” but thought, nar, the jokes will be too many to read 😂

18 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

Yes, they always go out of their way to avoid the elephant in the room, for fear of triggering the snowflakes. Per head of population, carbon emmisions from the US are the highest by quite a long way - but total emmisions from China and India swamp everybody elses, and they are also the first countries to go round with the begging bowl when it comes to initiatives to make reductions.

I learned only the other day that the U.K. still provides £55m to China in foreign aid. They must be laughing at the stupidity of the U.K. 

1 minute ago, Soidog said:

I think you mean make a motion like a chicken pecking for corn! 

As long as we do not use the word cow as a joke given the nature of the race in the article, then we should be fine if still on subject.

• Haha 1

Countries need a birthrate of 2.1children per couple for the population to remain stable.

Western countries are falling way below that. In some countries like S. Korea it is nearly half of the required rate. 

A small working age population compared to older population will be a ticking time bomb for many contries, with less tax revenue to support the old, even in somewhere like China. 

https://www-nytimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.nytimes.com/2023/01/16/business/china-birth-rate.amp.html?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#amp_tf=From %1%24s&aoh=16766307420867&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2023%2F01%2F16%2Fbusiness%2Fchina-birth-rate.html

The good news is that there will be plenty of Indians and Nigerians available to move to Western countries and work. It's an unfortunate truth for many that we need immigration more than ever unless we have more children in the west. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11499625/Britains-birth-rate-peril-half-adults-rule-having-children-survey-shows.html#:~:text=Britain's birth rate has fallen,level last seen in 1989.

Edited by Faz
inserted correct link.
  • Like 1

Every major problem we face in the west can be attributed to the low birth rate.

We haven't had a sustainable birth rate in the UK since 1947, it's no longer a shortage of babies, it's a shortage of adults.