News Forum - Thailand’s smartphone market poised for revival

Thaiger

As the world starts to emerge from the pandemic, Thailand‘s smartphone market is expected to see a resurgence in the second half of 2023. Despite a decrease in smartphone sales last year, the premium smartphone segment remains strong and is less affected by economic woes. According to Wansiri Fitschen, a senior category manager at Thai …

The story Thailand’s smartphone market poised for revival as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Having read about the extensive spyware* built-in to Chinese-made smartphones I'll be sticking with Samsung despite some very attractive offers from the likes of Oppo, RealMe or Xiaomi .

*notably WeChat and TikTok

• Like 1

Wow, that 1 year trade in on a newer model phone is aggressive, although I see how it would be attractive if the monthly bill you're accustomed to remains roughly the same, so why not.  

I buy and then ride my mobile phones like Zorro until that pony won't run anymore, then grudgingly get another, sensible mid-range model one or two levels down from the latest and greatest.   Think I hit the tech development timeline just right to where I adopted Smart phones as useful tools, but just old enough that they haven't taken over my every waking moment. 🍔🤳🏾