Phuket order says visitors must test negative for Covid before granted entry, with exceptions

Thaiger

The Phuket Governor, Narong Woonciew, issued an order today that stipulated that “anyone” who wishes to enter Phuket from a “red”, or “dark red” zone must test negative for Covid before they are granted entry. The restriction applies to those who have been fully vaccinated or have recovered from being infected. The order is set to take effect July 15 (next Thursday) and will stay in place until July 31. However, the rule does not apply to children under 6 who are with their parents. The stipulation pertains to all people who are coming from “maximum and strict control areas”, […]

The post Phuket order says visitors must test negative for Covid before granted entry, with exceptions appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

5 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The Phuket Governor, Narong Woonciew, issued an order today that stipulated that “anyone” who wishes to enter Phuket from a “red”, or “dark red” zone must test negative for Covid before they are granted entry. The restriction applies to those who have been fully vaccinated or have recovered from being infected. The order is set to take effect July 15 (next Thursday) and will stay in place until July 31. However, the rule does not apply to children under 6 who are with their parents. The stipulation pertains to all people who are coming from “maximum and strict control areas”, […]

The post Phuket order says visitors must test negative for Covid before granted entry, with exceptions appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

But guess as always "certain people" can come and go as is there want without any restrictions

Not that we wanted to visit the Litter Box, but I'll be damned if I know how someone from Sonkhla is supposed to show they've been vaccinated when they aren't offering vaccinations to the public.

I was in Bangkok Hat Yai Hospital this week, and saw nurses with "I got my Covid-19 Vaccine" after they got their Sinovac, but their vaccination center was dead empty. And I've seen no drive to vaccinate the public, at large.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gummy said:

But guess as always "certain people" can come and go as is there want without any restrictions

Yes you guessed right!

Any persons arriving in Phuket and not staying the night are exempt from the quarantine requirement, as are all goods transport drivers, medical workers, officials and anyone else permitted to pass  through the checkpoint onto the island during the hours 11pm to 5am.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

Not that we wanted to visit the Litter Box, but I'll be damned if I know how someone from Sonkhla is supposed to show they've been vaccinated when they aren't offering vaccinations to the public.

MrStretch, that is not a problem for you Sonkhla folks. 
The order did not address the prior order that hopeful arrivals from the 4 southern provinces Yala, Pattani, Narathiwat, and Songkhla have to undergo a mandatory 14 day quarantine even if they had been vaccinated or tested negative for Covid.

Looks like now 2 standards for Thais as well.

• Like 1

So if someone who is vaccinated flies from a non red zone (Buriram for example) to Bangkok just to transfer to Phuket, would he need a test? If yes, pcr or rapid test?

Food deliveries and essential deliveries need to be allowed in. The Driver can stay in his cab or open the wagon then get back in, at the store there delivering too. Any documentation can be passed through the window.

Edited by vlad

9 minutes ago, semiprecious88 said:

So if someone who is vaccinated flies from a non red zone (Buriram for example) to Bangkok just to transfer to Phuket, would he need a test? If yes, pcr or rapid test?

Well good luck of getting out of Bangkok ……

https://phuket.airportthai.co.th/flights

Never seen so many cancelled notifications …. Oh yes I have ….. the last lockdown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, vlad said:

The Driver can stay in his cab or open the wagon then get back in

With a quick coffee break inside somewhere? Maybe a relief somewhere else? Still a lot that is left up to trust. All it needs is one or two, just like the party goers at Bangkok bars.

I’m not saying your wrong, and supplies must get through, it is a weak link though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

However, the rule does not apply to children under 6 who are with their parents

Or anyone vaccinated with Sinovac? It seems to have been reported as next to useless just now:

• Like 1

To be fair to the officials trying to restart tourism and boost the economy, they are probably doing their best but it's an impossibly difficult situation. If you want tourists to come, it's inevitable some will be carriers of covid at this present time. And if you hospitalize those carriers, and quarantine everyone who came close to them, then tourism dies very quickly.

Plus, once you get a few cases in what is a small, isolated island, you're extremely unlikely to be able to control it. Experience from so many countries shows you're in for a rough time till the virus works it way through. And even then it'll keep coming back. The best way through would be giving everyone decent vaccines and this really is what Thai authorities should have been 100% focused on the last year. 

It's scarcely believable that Samui, for instance, is still insisting on going ahead with re-opening in a few days time.

I haven't read every word of this order, or the one issued a few days ago, just read the news articles, but there seems no difference to them. What is the rule change that neccesitated a new order?

• Like 1

The language used in the article is very ambiguous. Actual ruling is that you DO NOT need to be vaccinated at all in order to travel to Phuket from Bangkok. You only need that covid test and negative result once you get there.

Prior to this ruling it was possible to get tested in Bangkok first and then travel to Phuket without a new test; I am assuming that this isn't possible nor required anymore. Vaccination is not required and travellers from Bangkok will never be subjected to the mandatory quarantine of 14 days. That quarantine applies to only people travelling from nearby the Malaysian border in the South.

1 hour ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

With a quick coffee break inside somewhere? Maybe a relief somewhere else? Still a lot that is left up to trust. All it needs is one or two, just like the party goers at Bangkok bars.

I’m not saying your wrong, and supplies must get through, it is a weak link though.

Unfortunately yes Diablo, depends if there strict enough at the delivery yard not a lot of good if he jumps out to open up with all the warehouse staff waiting for him to open up. Knowing these clowns though they won't think of that.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Martin said:

It's scarcely believable that Samui, for instance, is still insisting on going ahead with re-opening in a few days time.

Too many Bangkokians here already, it will not stop anything. They were a little too late here anyways. Like Songkran they already superspreaded not only here but everywhere daily results in numbers don't lie.

• Like 1

So everyone from outside thailand needs 2 shots and a covid test 72 hours before arrival  then 1 at arrival and 2 more in the weeks to keep Phuket safe but who's keeping the sandbox people safe from the domestic tourists ? How is that a sandbox?

On top of sinovac not working against delta

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Martin said:

To be fair to the officials trying to restart tourism and boost the economy, they are probably doing their best but it's an impossibly difficult situation.

They are also incredibly incompetent and not qualified to be in their positions.  Many of the cracks of a special interest Thai governance system have been showing throughout this pandemic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TiT said:

They are also incredibly incompetent and not qualified to be in their positions.  Many of the cracks of a special interest Thai governance system have been showing throughout this pandemic.

very true