News Forum - Young Englishwoman needs surgery after hit-and-run on Thai island

Thaiger

9 hours ago, JamesR said:

I have been to a Thai hospital both in Hua Hin and Phuket a number of times once after gashing my leg very badly 

Did it cost millions of Thai baht? The costs mentioned in the article seem high but I have no experience  with hospitals here.

2 hours ago, RobBkk said:

Do you remember the cost? Charging this girl over a million baht for some broken bones seems wildly outrageous.

Hard to believe that the thousands of Thais who get injured everyday pay that kind of money. So it seems that this girl is being exploited.

"..... for some broken bones......"

I see, so if it was just a case of some broken bones then she could have had them put in a plaster cast and then got on a plane and had the rest sorted in the UK for free.

I think it was not just a case of a few broken bones.

Or maybe that is the case and this is just a scam, we have not heard the other side of the story yet.

Or is it a case of she is a farang and they never lie, it is the greedy Thais who are at fault again.

On 2/14/2023 at 11:34 PM, Soidog said:

This article is about a hit and run. The crime here isn’t hiring a motorbike. The crime is that some coward hit the woman and decided to leave her for dead. The secondary crime is that she is now possibly being ripped off by the Thai hospital who focus more in the money than the health of the woman. The only people at “fault” are the hit and run driver and perhaps the disgraceful pricing for people in need at a hospital. 

Nonsense. There's no evidence that this was a hit and run other than the woman's mutterings

On 2/15/2023 at 8:39 PM, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

And How many Thais ride without a motorcycle license? Same Same but different.

Thai's were born on motorcycles. Farangs weren't. So it's totally different 

20 hours ago, RobBkk said:

Did it cost millions of Thai baht? The costs mentioned in the article seem high but I have no experience  with hospitals here.

Going back quite a few years here, maybe 13ish, but I had an accident where I fractured the bone at the top of my arm. 

Ended up going to Kasemrad Hospital in Bang Yai, Nonthaburi next to where Westgate is now. 

Got patched up, one night in on the morphine and out the next day. If memory serves me right it was about 13k for everything, and 11k of that was covered by the mandatory bike insurance. So not too bad. 

Funny thing was though that I actually came off the bike 100m away from another hospital in Bang Bua Thong. It's about 11pm at this time. Went in there and they didn't have a doctor! 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 3:23 AM, socal said:

Nonsense. There's no evidence that this was a hit and run other than the woman's mutterings

The headlines states:

News Forum - Young Englishwoman needs surgery after hit-and-run on Thai island