News Forum - Ignorant foreigner stops traffic to take pictures of a 10-wheel truck

Thaiger

An ignorant foreigner was caught on a TikTok video parking his pickup in the middle of the road just so he could take pictures of a full-decorated Thai 10-wheel truck on a road in the Isaan province of Sakhon Nakhon. The 10-wheel truck driver recorded a video of the foreigner, totally oblivious to his surroundings …

The story Ignorant foreigner stops traffic to take pictures of a 10-wheel truck as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This is just blatant racism. Please, for heavens sake, stop it !! 

I know some on this forum either can’t see, or deliberately fail to see the problem with this type of racist calling out of foreigners. If Thailand is ever to fully realise its full potential, its government and population needs a mindset shift. This constant “foreigners are odd” approach is not helping anyone.

Im slowly being driven away from engaging with any of it. It’s utterly divisive and racist.  

• Like 1

Ignorant foreigner?....they must be joking. Did he came from remote jungle of Africa? This is mere stupidity to stop in the middle of the road and take picture. He is posing a danger for other road users. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

An ignorant foreigner stops traffic to take pictures  …. Or

Ignorant Thais stop traffic by causing accidents due to DUI or bad driving. Least with traffic stopped no accidents can occur.

• Like 2

Dirty ignorant foreigners (no, not the fragrant polite and well scrubbed Chinese)...... he was lucky not to get mown down by a drunk helmetless but face-masked Thai motorcyclist.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Ignorant foreigner?....they must be joking. Did he came from remote jungle of Africa? This is mere stupidity to stop in the middle of the road and take picture. He is posing a danger for other road users. 

Exactly @Ramanathan.P  this has nothing to do with being a foreigner. The man is just an idiot and unfortunately they are in every country ! 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Exactly @Ramanathan.P  this has nothing to do with being a foreigner. The man is just an idiot and unfortunately they are in every country ! 

I kind of had a different thought. An older man with a covered pickup in Sakhon Nakhon isn’t just a run of the mill tourist or foreigner. For some reason both the truck driver and the “farang” decided to mutually record each other. I doubt a man who doesn’t know how to use his phone is just doing this for sentimental purposes.

A more plausible explanation is they had some altercation and he wanted a picture of the truck. Notice how the TikTok video has started while traffic is completely stopped.
I wonder why the truck driver started recording so early.

But I guess when it comes to defaming foreigners Thaiger doesn’t care. And isn’t it now illegal to post someone’s picture without their consent? I guess Thaiger is happy to go along with it to boost clicks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JJJ said:

And isn’t it now illegal to post someone’s picture without their consent?

Is Not The Thaiger a Singapore registered business, republishing what is already published on the internet. It would be the truck driver which would be on the hook legally wise for the initial publication maybe.

1 hour ago, JJJ said:

A more plausible explanation is they had some altercation and he wanted a picture of the truck.

Yes, I had similar thoughts. But why try to find out facts (proper journalism) when a sensationalist racist headline gets you just as many clicks. What is it they say? Never let the facts get in the way of a good story! 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Ignorant? No. Village idiot? Absolutely!

20 hours ago, Soidog said:

This is just blatant racism. Please, for heavens sake, stop it !! 

I know some on this forum either can’t see, or deliberately fail to see the problem with this type of racist calling out of foreigners. If Thailand is ever to fully realise its full potential, its government and population needs a mindset shift. This constant “foreigners are odd” approach is not helping anyone.

Im slowly being driven away from engaging with any of it. It’s utterly divisive and racist.  

You are only concerned with racism when its against your tribe. And your white mans burden downward looking view of Thai's is as racist as it gets. 

The foreigner is a dumb f**k an embarrassment and should be called out

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, socal said:

You are only concerned with racism when its against your tribe. And your white mans burden downward looking view of Thai's is as racist as it gets. 

I call out racism whenever I see it. I have no “tribe”. If I saw a story here which was a racist comment about anyone then I’ll call it out. You have no evidence of anything you have posted and simply venting your own bias. 

White mans burden 😂😂😂

• Like 1

Let’s face it the guy didn’t just park his pickup in the middle of the road, he was in stopped traffic and chose to get out to take photos, or could have been a video, either way was not a good idea.

He was oblivious, or chose not to see?, the traffic moving off . The trucker’s video cuts off shortly after so we don’t know the actual outcome.

The video doesn’t show any honking or anger by the trucker or any offensive reaction by the farang, so presumably it ended then and there.

The headline gives a different perspective and is nothing more than click bait, and yes I fell for it.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, socal said:

The received "liberal" wisdom that only white people, and therefore all white people, are racist. About time you crawled out of your hidey-hole and took a look at the real world.

• Like 2

Right, there was something going on previously, or this guy is fresh off the boat, giddy about a fairly common blinged up Thai 10-wheeler.  

The most excruciating part of the video for me was knowing exactly what it's like standing in the sunlight, without my reading glasses at hand, trying to find that bloody Camera App icon on bleepity bleepin' screen!  🧐 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So a guy gets out of his vehicle in either slow-moving or stopped traffic and takes a picture of the vehicle behind him. Get over it. in the time it took to take the picture the traffic had only moved on about 20 yards. With everything going on in the world at the moment I can’t believe this is even a story.

• Like 1