News Forum - 5 strains to try in Thailand’s booming cannabis scene

Thaiger

Are you ready to indulge in Thailand’s thriving cannabis culture? Since the legalization of cannabis in 2022, the country has seen a surge in marijuana strains, with new and exotic varieties cropping up in cannabis stores across Bangkok. With so many strains to choose from, it can be overwhelming to know where to start. Fear …

The story 5 strains to try in Thailand’s booming cannabis scene as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

4 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Nothing but problems with it all. Even in Amsterdam, the often quoted Cannabis heaven is rethinking things somewhat.

Amsterdam bans cannabis in its red light district https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64591394 

Aye the problem is some strains today are way more powerful than they were when we were young.

• Like 3

With Valentine's Day coming here's a different list ...

https://thelodgecannabis.com/blog/best-marijuana-strains-for-sex/

Not sure why the article calls some strains "indica dominant" where it should be Hybrid(Indica Dom.).  There are still Indica only strains and Sativa only strains ...   Some of the listed strains don't say Indica, Sativa, Hybrid(Indica Dom), or Hybrid(Sativa Dom).  There are Hybrid(50/50 balanced too.

"5 strains" when I first came to Thailand (50+ yrs ago) there was one strain.

Bhudda sticks.

It was unadulterated, straight from the farm and a few smokes you had the munchies and a great nights sleep.

Needed a caffeine kick start in the morning, but many need that just to live these days.

Is this going the same way as wine and officiates that suggest tastes of strawberries, honey, smokey essence aromas etc, with a hint of 'all spice' and cinnamon etc (wankers lost in their own lunch break). 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, palooka said:

"5 strains" when I first came to Thailand (50+ yrs ago) there was one strain.

Bhudda sticks.

It was unadulterated, straight from the farm and a few smokes you had the munchies and a great nights sleep.

Needed a caffeine kick start in the morning, but many need that just to live these days.

Is this going the same way as wine and officiates that suggest tastes of strawberries, honey, smokey essence aromas etc, with a hint of 'all spice' and cinnamon etc (wankers lost in their own lunch break). 😉

Oh we get that a lot with people who are whisky "experts". Hints of elderberry and sunsets etc.

Most people just know what they like and dont like. West coast and Islay malts means they taste of peat. East coast the water is drawn from sources full of granite so they taste a bit more acidic. 

Thats it. Thats all you need to know. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Oh we get that a lot with people who are whisky "experts". Hints of elderberry and sunsets etc.

Most people just know what they like and dont like. West coast and Islay malts means they taste of peat. East coast the water is drawn from sources full of granite so they taste a bit more acidic. 

Thats it. Thats all you need to know. 

I am in Thailand next week and will be interested to check out the quality

Because up until now, all the weed I have had in Thailand has been garbage

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marc26 said:

I am in Thailand next week and will be interested to check out the quality

Because up until now, all the weed I have had in Thailand has been garbage

Have a ball mate.

I for one will not condemn you for it.

2 hours ago, palooka said:

I can't speak of Thailand but in Vancouver a lot of these people in the weed shops are pretty knowledgable and it helps since with weed, you want to feel how you prefer

So their suggestions definitely help

• Like 1