News Forum - Owning pets for Thai people found to be increasingly popular

Thaiger

Owning pets for Thai people has been found to be increasingly popular, according to data from Euromonitor. Data from the site has indicated that the number of Thais who count pets as family members has increased by 3% from 2019 to 2022. The number is expected to continue to rise as more Thais take a …

The story Owning pets for Thai people found to be increasingly popular as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I hope that Thais understand that with having a pet comes with respondsibility for its' well being and health care which means shots and if has a problem it goes to the animal doctor. I even had to push my wife over the years to be more open rather than think of the bill. Baths are also important for inside animals

My neighbor who has 7 small dogs as their children and 3  who identify as adult female human children recently threatened my life for yelling at his dog children to shut up !

Three months ago we went to file our second complaint in 2 years  ,to the police and at the Amphur but its still a 24/ 7 nightmare!

I thought by  yelling at his dogs to shut up after midnight he might understand that his small dogs bark at anything and everything which causes many sleepiness nights for myself  and the Mrs. , apparently he took offense to it and came home drunk and started calling me out in Thai to fight . I got it all on a recording and took that to the cops and Amphur ,the cops wrote a report and the Amphur head payed them a visit and still.

My wife wanted me to go out and fight him but I realized he was drunk and thought to bring it to the authorities the next day! 
My wife has a big family , some of the males wanted to confront my neighbor! Its very uncomfortable and concerning at times.

I moved to another bedroom on the opposite side of the house and put a floor fan on to drown out all the noise!

Fingers crossed this Thai guy doesn’t jump my wall to come at me!

4 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I hope that Thais understand that with having a pet comes with respondsibility for its' well being and health care which means shots and if has a problem it goes to the animal doctor. I even had to push my wife over the years to be more open rather than think of the bill. Baths are also important for inside animals

Come on mate. What do you think many of them will do? They will parade them and dress them in funny clothes while they are small. Soon as the grow up, need exercise and grooming they will get bored.

The article talks about the Thai Buddhist way of not harming but not helping them. First I’ve heard of this! Buddhism teaches that animals such as dogs and cats are sentient animals and are likely to be reborn humans, possibly earlier mothers or fathers of your own. The poor treatment of animals in Thailand has NOTHING to do with Buddhism and all to do with the Thai need to have instant gratification and easily bored with just about everything. 

• Like 1

I live in an area which is reasonably affluent and has a lot of houses owned or rented by expats.

I can tell you for a fact that when covid was at its height and a lot of Thais were struggling for money the number of "family" pets simply dumped here was unbelievable. I suspect they thought that people would take pity on them and give them a home.

It worked. Thats why I now have three bloody cats I never wanted in the first place.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

It worked. Thats why I now have three bloody cats I never wanted in the first place.

Well done. You’ll get your reward in heaven. Assuming that’s the place you want to go. Always sounds a boring place to me😉

• Haha 1

Just now, Soidog said:

Well done. You’ll get your reward in heaven. Assuming that’s the place you want to go. Always sounds a boring place to me😉

Highly unlikely I will qualify for admission to heaven.

Unless they have radically changed the door policy and the bouncers. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Although I tend to agree with you on the shots...........I have come to determine most vets are thiefs and only care about money..........well in North America, at least

I have been through hell the last year with my dog here and all the vets are just scum

They only care about money........not the dog

10 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

By the way............I had a German Shepherd and fed him crap food(didn't know better back then), didn't take him regularly for his shots and he lived 17 1/2 years

My Golden has been treated better than some kings, top of the line everything and he's having big issues at 11yrs old

I question the whole vet industry

12 hours ago, Marc26 said:

By the way............I had a German Shepherd and fed him crap food(didn't know better back then), didn't take him regularly for his shots and he lived 17 1/2 years

My Golden has been treated better than some kings, top of the line everything and he's having big issues at 11yrs old

I question the whole vet industry

I find the service is quite good for my 2 dogs. My French Bulldog got bit and scratched by a neighbors dog 4 months ago and they did a good job patching here up and it was not expensive. And they are literally 5 minutes ride from my home. Same as my dentist is 5 minutes away. Everything is so convenient here. I have no complaints. Now for Cananda and the USA, too expensive. Almost need pet insurance.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I find the service is quite good for my 2 dogs. My French Bulldog got bit and scratched by a neighbors dog 4 months ago and they did a good job patching here up and it was not expensive. And they are literally 5 minutes ride from my home. Same as my dentist is 5 minutes away. Everything is so convenient here. I have no complaints. Now for Cananda and the USA, too expensive. Almost need pet insurance.

Yes when my dog lived in Thailand, I had good experiences with the vets there........

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yes when my dog lived in Thailand, I had good experiences with the vets there........