News Forum - Bangkok public bus condemned by Singaporean tourist

Thaiger

A Singaporean tourist condemned Bangkok Mass Transit Authority (BMTA) public buses after the driver of a bus in the capital closed its door and drove off as she was about to climb onboard. A Singaporean woman posted a video on her TikTok account, njwah, complaining about the service of a public bus in Bangkok. She …

The story Bangkok public bus condemned by Singaporean tourist as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Typical response to poor service in Thailand — excuse, excuse, excuse, and never any personal responsibility.

Perhaps a more realistic reason for this episodes is the abysmal bus service in Bangkok from the buses to the drivers. Like when the bus just decides to let off and onboard passengers in the middle of traffic. Or doesn’t even stop at all while passengers depart. 

• Like 2

I can almost sense a movement here where people are starting to call out the worst parts of their experiences. People need to calm down. This is Thailand. It’s always like this and won’t change any time soon. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I can almost sense a movement here where people are starting to call out the worst parts of their experiences. People need to calm down. This is Thailand. It’s always like this and won’t change any time soon. 

Your attitude is exactly why there has been no forward movement in Thai attitudes... confrontation is not necessarily a bad thing... kowtowing can be just as diminishing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skip said:

Your attitude is exactly why there has been no forward movement in Thai attitudes... confrontation is not necessarily a bad thing... kowtowing can be just as diminishing.

You obviously don’t read my posts @Skip. I’m far from someone who would suggest people Kowtow. I’ve said on plenty of occasions that Thai people need to turn to revolution and kick the corrupt elite out of power once and for all. My comments about calming down relates to the two week tourists who seem to be jumping on the Taiwanese band wagon. The only people who will sort out the basket case that Thailand is, are Thais. People on holiday should chill out and enjoy Thailand for what it is. It’s your holiday for heavens sake. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Soidog said:

You obviously don’t read my posts @Skip. I’m far from someone who would suggest people Kowtow. I’ve said on plenty of occasions that Thai people need to turn to revolution and kick the corrupt elite out of power once and for all. My comments about calming down relates to the two week tourists who seem to be jumping on the Taiwanese band wagon. The only people who will sort out the basket case that Thailand is, are Thais. People on holiday should chill out and enjoy Thailand for what it is. It’s your holiday for heavens sake. 

It's going to take outsiders to wake up the Thai people... and one way to do that is for the people on holiday to confront the Thai way and stop supporting the corruption 

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

It's what makes travel so exciting, learning new ways, having  new experiences, learning the customs of your travel destination.

The world would surely be more boring if every place was like Singapore; expensive and sanitized.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have taken a bus in Bangkok once and it is truely amusing. 

The bus never really "stop" and you have to be quick to hop in and out. 

Don't know how the elderly handle this.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Skip said:

It's going to take outsiders to wake up the Thai people... and one way to do that is for the people on holiday to confront the Thai way and stop supporting the corruption 

Well yes, every little helps, I’ll grant you that. But while foreign governments are kowtowing to the Thai government then little will change. If the EU and US were to start calling for changes to some of the things going on more often, then it may also help. 

Part of the clever control model the elite have developed over the years is to ingrain nationalism in to Thais and keep the poor uneducated. As soon as a foreign or “Farang” start complaining, or foreign governments complain, they claim an attack on Thais. Most dictators and autocratic system try the same thing in one form or another. It’s why I often call out the collective term Farang and why I often call out the nationalistic and divisive headlines we see in the press 

How often do you see people who are expats criticise Thailands only to be told “If you don’t like it then why live there”. I’ve lost count the number of times I’ve had a response like that on this forum alone. 

I think it’s great that more influential tourists like the Taiwanese actor recently and Bill Gates a few years back call out these things,  but your average tourist won’t get anywhere  though as I’ve said, it all help and I concede your point 👍🏻

• Like 2

Well if she did not like thast the ntry getting on a canal taxi boat. She would be in the water. No need for her to shame the bus driver. Her fault. Years ago the small busses would not even stop for a foreinger.

15 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Well if she did not like thast the ntry getting on a canal taxi boat. She would be in the water. No need for her to shame the bus driver. Her fault. Years ago the small busses would not even stop for a foreinger.

Wow... that is a warped outlook... poor acting should be shamed more often... then maybe it will stop

On 2/1/2023 at 4:41 AM, Soidog said:

Both sides of your point make sense, Thailand does need to get with it but at the same time, its also part of the charm, I just enjoy the challenges with a smile.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2023 at 1:41 PM, Soidog said:

I used to get all sorts if riled up about things in Thailand 

Now nothing really bothers me

Sure some of the stuff can be mind-numbing absurd

But in the end, it usually all works out 

And as you said

Especially if you are on a short holiday 

• Like 1