News Forum - Van overturns in northeast Thailand, injuring 22 students

Thaiger

A school van overturned in Thailand’s northeast Nakhon Ratchasima province this morning, leaving 22 students injured. Police and rescuers arrived to find the van overturned along the side of the road, with many students crying in fear.  The 22 children injured suffered minor injuries, including bruises and head swelling, Thai Rath reported. The children were …

The story Van overturns in northeast Thailand, injuring 22 students as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

15 hours ago, Thaiger said:

About 20% of accidents involved motorcycles, while 8% involved six-wheel trucks, and 8% involved trucks with at least 10 wheels.

It seems (to me) that 20% involving motorcycles is low?
I know this is a different statistic, but I remember reading that around 60 people die on Thai roads every day and 80% of those fatalities are motorcyclists.

28 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

It seems (to me) that 20% involving motorcycles is low?
I know this is a different statistic, but I remember reading that around 60 people die on Thai roads every day and 80% of those fatalities are motorcyclists.

Still quite feasible, you are very vulnerable on a motorcycle, so far more at risk of serious injury or death.

• Like 1

"Will Thailand ever figure out a way to truly bring down the number of road accidents?"

You can start by getting all the unqualified and unlicensed drivers off the roads. Then you can start to crack down on the snails that obstruct traffic by refusing to do more than 40KPH on highways. THEN... go after the speed freaks that just have to race past whoever is in front of them regardless of transit speed.

Oh! That would mean more police out PATROLLING, and not just responding to reported accidents. Sort of taking them out of their comfort zone a bit, wouldn't it...

• Like 1

Quote: Will Thailand ever figure out a way to truly bring down the number of road accidents?

This isn’t Cold Fusion or Time Travel. The developed world has already worked out how to do it FFS!  Just hop on a plane and visit Singapore, Japan or South Korea. There, your fellow Asians will explain the factors and pre-requisites to safer roads.

Fly home to Thailand and implement changes. Job done!  

• Like 1