News Forum - Fugitive Thaksin reveals his forthcoming return to Thailand, again

Thaiger

Thaksin Shinawatra, former PM, fugitive from justice and dynastic overlord, has spoken of his coming return to Thailand, and how it will happen without help from Pheu Thai or the ruling Palang Pracharath Party. The saviour’s coming will be announced by daughter Paetongtarn, herself an aspirant PM. The latest of many declarations on his forthcoming …

The story Fugitive Thaksin reveals his forthcoming return to Thailand, again as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I can’t make up my mind if Thaksin was good or not. He at least seemed to improve the life of poorer people and did introduce the 30 baht health scheme. Like all Thai politicians and most politicians around the world, he was ultimately in it to feather his own nest. I think he would have been better to show some guts and stick out his prison sentence. That said, he was either in fear he would get killed or while in prison more charges would be brought and he would remain there for many more years. Either way, I don’t see him coming back to Thailand any time soon. 

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

HaHa, good luck with that idea Thaksin old son. What could possibly go wrong. 

Good luck was exactly what I was saying under my breathe to come type as a reply. If a different party other than the regime parties win allowing him openly to travel here, then his return will be the next coup. Not sure but that might be a good thing as it might light a fire under the thai people's arses to stand up and unite agaisnt exaclty t he whom and what they want to go away. A lot of people in the armed forces also truly like Thakskin as well. So how does that work if is divided? The ones who are first commondeer most of the biggest toys that have the biggest punch?

46 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I can’t make up my mind if Thaksin was good or not. He at least seemed to improve the life of poorer people and did introduce the 30 baht health scheme. Like all Thai politicians and most politicians around the world, he was ultimately in it to feather his own nest. I think he would have been better to show some guts and stick out his prison sentence. That said, he was either in fear he would get killed or while in prison more charges would be brought and he would remain there for many more years. Either way, I don’t see him coming back to Thailand any time soon. 

For us foreingers he was not good as he was the one to first start making it harder to stay here years ago. I thnkj if he was still in at the top with being able to be elected time and tiem again, then the hurleds would be rather high as he also aspired and first started trying to turn Thailand into a Singpaore, and that would not have been good at all. Sure he did some good things, but many bad crooked rotten things too. .

• Like 2

not a Thaksin supporter myself, but I am looking forward for him to come back as things got worse since he left, and we thought it was not possible, but it was