News Forum - Bangkok and six northern provinces to see air quality worsen over weekend

Thaiger

Bangkok and six northern provinces in Thailand are expected to see air quality worsen over the weekend, according to Thailand’s Pollution Control Department. The PCD reported yesterday that air quality across the country ranged from very good down to a health-threatening level at 11 am. The amount of PM2.5 dust particles in the atmosphere also …

The story Bangkok and six northern provinces to see air quality worsen over weekend as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It's been positively smoggy up here in Samoeng for the last few weeks. Windows and doors closed most of the time at the moment. I'm actually glad to be going back to the UK tomorrow for some fresh air!

Unless the powers that be can do something about this issue I shall not be retiring in Thailand, certainly not in this area anyway.

My wife told me that from next month anyone caught lighting fires without good reason will be fined. I wonder how that'll work?🙄

2 hours ago, Eagle said:

I took this photo a couple of days ago up the top of one of the many hills here in Samoeng. It was about an hour before sunset.

IMG_2944.jpeg

Yeah air is getting dirtier now. Only going to get more bad everyday from here in our till after Songkran.