News Forum - Covid-19 vaccines available throughout Thailand, plans for vaccination centres in every province

Thaiger

Thailand’s Public Health Ministry says Covid-19 vaccines are available throughout the country for foreign tourists and ex-pats. The Ministry says that although tourists would have to pay for the jabs, ex-pats can get them for free. The Ministry is also planning to ensure that every province has a vaccination centre to accommodate tourists who visit …

The story Covid-19 vaccines available throughout Thailand, plans for vaccination centres in every province as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Oh I bet they are setting up jab centers everywhere. As for AZ, no thank you even if free as I am an expat. As for any new jabs, I prefer to not have anymore, but if they insist on bringingthe Chinese here as they are and the covid cases get to epidemic again, I will only concider a Pfizer jab and then I will have to contemplate if I really want it again or do i want Covid for the third time..

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Oh I bet they are setting up jab centers everywhere. As for AZ, no thank you even if free as I am an expat. As for any new jabs, I prefer to not have anymore, but if they insist on bringingthe Chinese here as they are and the covid cases get to epidemic again, I will only concider a Pfizer jab and then I will have to contemplate if I really want it again or do i want Covid for the third time..

Why would you want Covid again? The assumption some people have that a prior infection will protect them is wrong. It has now been established that repeat Covid infections damage the body and will kill some people. This isn't the first infection that acts like that. Multiple dengue infections can result in death.

In a recent published study (Nature Oct. 2022);  5.3 million health records for those who did not test positive for SARS-CoV-2 were compared to those of 433,000 people who tested positive once during that period—then to another 41,000 who tested positive two or more times. (Most in the latter group had two or three infections, although a small proportion had four.) Adverse outcomes, like hospitalizations and deaths, were reviewed over a period of 6 months. It was found that;

- Those  who had more than one COVID-19 infection were 3X more likely to be hospitalized and 2X twice as likely to die, than those who only had one infection.

- Those with multiple infections were also more vulnerable to other dangerous conditions; they were 3.5X more likely to develop lung problems, 3X more likely to have heart conditions, and 1.6X more likely to have brain changes requiring care than people who had COVID-19 once. https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/repeat-covid-19-infections-increase-risk-of-organ-failure-death/

Covid can harm the brain; Even mild Covid is linked to brain damage.  British study showed differences in areas of the brain based on scans taken before and after a coronavirus infection. https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/long-covid-even-mild-covid-linked-damage-brain-months-infection-rcna18959

https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk/science-and-technology/2022/07/how-multiple-covid-19-infections-can-harm-the-body

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I do feel the number of jabs feels excessive. I’ve had 4 in total. Two initial jabs and two boosters. I will perhaps have an annual jab, especially if it becomes part of the seasonal flu jab which I also buy each year in the U.K. 

I know some people who have had bad reactions to the jabs. Personally, I’ve suffered nothing more than a slight ache in my arm for 24 hours. Long term of course, we shall see…

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

I do feel the number of jabs feels excessive. I’ve had 4 in total. Two initial jabs and two boosters. I will perhaps have an annual jab, especially if it becomes part of the seasonal flu jab which I also buy each year in the U.K. 

I know some people who have had bad reactions to the jabs. Personally, I’ve suffered nothing more than a slight ache in my arm for 24 hours. Long term of course, we shall see…

I think it is going to end up like the flu jabs, with an annual top up (free for dinosaurs like me).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Vigo said:

Covid can harm the brain; Even mild Covid is linked to brain damage. 

Well that explains it. Was wondering why I started being so weird.

20 hours ago, Soidog said:

My first jab was weird and the second ok. Or was it the other way around? But I rememebr there was something on one of them. Same as my kids. I just not sure I want to be jabbing anymore. Flu shots ok but even this I have yet to get this year.

• Like 1