News Forum - Thailand VIP packages offered on Chinese e-commerce platform Taobao

Thaiger

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) insists no VIP service packages or fast passes have been made available for purchase in China despite a Thai travel blogger revealing that those services and elite visas are indeed available to buy on the Chinese e-commerce platform Taobao. Thai police are already under fire over the scandalous video …

The story Thailand VIP packages offered on Chinese e-commerce platform Taobao as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Was the TAT search for VIP services for sale on Taobao done in the same way as the recent police search for prostitutes in Pattaya, I wonder? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

"The deputy commissioner of the Tourist Police Thailand, Apichart Suriboonya, stated that the female Chinese tourist who posted the video would not be questioned for now (as the issue was sensitive and could affect the relationship between Thailand and China)".

One cannot make this stuff up.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ChrisS said:

How long I wonder before this all gets swept under the carpet rather than expose the corruption that appears to be at the heart of it?

Lots of carpets here in Thailand, although you never see them. I preume they are flying carpets though. I essentialy posted the same reply before going back to read the comments.