News Forum - Thailand gives 5 year visas to Hong Kong celebrities

Thaiger

Thailand‘s new strategy to lure in tourists is to dish out five-year visas to celebrities and influencers with large social media followings. After Beijing dropped most of its Covid-19 travel regulations last month, Thailand is focussed on drawing back tourists from Hong Kong and China, who were Thailand’s #1 tourists pre-pandemic. The Tourism Authority of …

The story Thailand gives 5 year visas to Hong Kong celebrities as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Article quote: 

“Most importantly, they are committed to making Thai tourism better for everyone.”

“The rewards we have given to our friends are from the bottom of our hearts as a way of saying thank you for all they have done for Thailand.” With tears in his eyes, Roger Wu said… “I am really thankful for this award. After living here for years, I want to convey a positive message about the country to other nations. Thailand is not worrisome for travellers, so I want to invite everyone to the Land of Smiles.”

Well aint this special! How about rewarding the ones who have been here thick and thin and in and out, who have lived here solidly over 5 years, invested tons of cash, and have Thai families they have 100% supported? Ah, never mind as we are just tollerated as they know they already have us by the chimichangas and no need to reward the truly loving faithful to Thailand and its people. What was I thinking. the Chinese tourist invasion is the most important!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Article quote: 

“Most importantly, they are committed to making Thai tourism better for everyone.”

“The rewards we have given to our friends are from the bottom of our hearts as a way of saying thank you for all they have done for Thailand.” With tears in his eyes, Roger Wu said… “I am really thankful for this award. After living here for years, I want to convey a positive message about the country to other nations. Thailand is not worrisome for travellers, so I want to invite everyone to the Land of Smiles.”

Well aint this special! How about rewarding the ones who have been here thick and thin and in and out, who have lived here solidly over 5 years, invested tons of cash, and have Thai families they have 100% supported? Ah, never mind as we are just tollerated as they know they already have us by the chimichangas and no need to reward the truly loving faithful to Thailand and its people. What was I thinking. the Chinese tourist invasion is the most important!

It’s enough to make your blood boil isn’t it. Sickening doesn’t come close! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Soidog said:

It’s enough to make your blood boil isn’t it. Sickening doesn’t come close! 

Yes but not suprising at all. It is just another disheartening act of callous greed yet again that does not recognise real dwon to earth priorities for where real rewards should go to. Funny that I would even think this, but it makes you think that we are the wrong gender here becasue if we were foreing women married to a Thai guy we would already be dual citizens.

13 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Funny that I would even think this, but it makes you think that we are the wrong gender here becasue if we were foreing women married to a Thai guy we would already be dual citizens.

A combination of wrong gender and wrong ethnicity. Mind you, I’d rather do border runs or report to immigration every day than marry your average Thai man, even if I was a woman. 

12 minutes ago, Soidog said:

A combination of wrong gender and wrong ethnicity. Mind you, I’d rather do border runs or report to immigration every day than marry your average Thai man, even if I was a woman. 

Was going to reply you reply on that but best to leave it alone and stay more or less on topic. As for border runs, 90 day check ins and 1yr renewals, us peons will just continue having to do it as not desirables. 

• Like 1

Head and shoulders up the Chinese crack,  yet again. And then they will go whining to anyone that will listen when the US says that they can't have any F-35's

5 hours ago, Wackamole said:

Well I was annoyed by the title and the opening lines but it's just 3 specific people.. I could see them doing the same for Russell Crowe.

Just wait, they will expand on this with a real visa pinpointed at them. They will not sit until they have a complete Chinese invasion again and making that influx of money.