News Forum - Thailand to extradite alleged Malaysian scammer to China

Thaiger

A Thai court ordered a wanted alleged Malaysian scammer to be extradited to China to face charges related to fraud on Wednesday. Both Malaysia and China requested the repatriation of Tedy Teow Wooi Huat, the founder of the Mobility Beyond Imagination Group (MBI), after he was allegedly linked to numerous scams, reports the Straits Times. …

The story Thailand to extradite alleged Malaysian scammer to China as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

You’d expect the normal course of events to be that you only extradite a person to a country where the fair due process of law applies. I assume they have fair and impartial courts in China, do they? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

You’d expect the normal course of events to be that you only extradite a person to a country where the fair due process of law applies. I assume they have fair and impartial courts in China, do they? 

Of course they do... and after the fair trial, they now waive the bullet fee for the execution.

• Haha 1

Scammers are scum. I don't care where he goes as long as he goes to the country with the harshest treatment. Death no, life in prison no, but harsh enough for him to learn his lesson.

10 hours ago, Soidog said:

Typically countries only extradite pursuant to a treaty.

So if Thailand has a treaty with China then that’s the decision of the Thai government in granting a treaty.

Next the accused argues it’s not a crime in the extraditing country or there’s some pretext against him. Investment fraud seems likely a criminal offense in both places. About pretext against him specifically that’s anyone’s guess. 

For point 1, the United States does NOT have a treaty with China. Apparently Thailand reached the opposite conclusion. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...