News Forum - Thai man claims he fell asleep before car ended up on wall in Bangkok

Thaiger

A Thai man claimed he fell asleep while driving, before his car ended up on top of a barrier wall of an off-ramp to Rama IV Road in Bangkok yesterday.  The car’s rear ended up on top of the off-ramp’s restraining barrier, while the front was smashed into the expressway. The driver, Atthapol Yolsophon, sustained …

The story Thai man claims he fell asleep before car ended up on wall in Bangkok as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I believe him. Thais can sleep anywhere. Back of a pickup doing 120kph. Speedboat in choppy seas. Aircraft taking off. Middle of a nightclub. So why not at the wheel. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I believe him. Thais can sleep anywhere. Back of a pickup doing 120kph. Speedboat in choppy seas. Aircraft taking off. Middle of a nightclub. So why not at the wheel. 

Definitely true and can be annoying sometimes

My stepson will fall asleep within minutes of getting in a car

1st time to Canada, slept 5mins in car on his 1st day in Canada...........had no desire or curiousity to see this new country

We just drove all around parts of Thailand he has never been to.............slept most of the way

I will just never understand the lack of curiousity or wanting to learn(by experience)..................

PS......I do get my wife back

I fall asleep within 3 minutes my head hits the pillow, which drives her mad 5555

10 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

1st time to Canada, slept 5mins in car on his 1st day in Canada...........had no desire or curiousity to see this new country

😂😂. One of my best friends in Thailand is an Aussie guy from Brisbane. He took his wife (GF at the time) to Brisbane and all around the local area including a trip to the Great Barrier Reef. She slept in the Taxi from the airport and  a few days later on the trip to the Barrier Reef, she slept in the boat. When he awoke (can’t say the word without the letter a as it’s an illegal word on this forum) her and questioned her about why she wasn’t interested, her answer was “I’m tired” 😂😂

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

😂😂. One of my best friends in Thailand is an Aussie guy from Brisbane. He took his wife (GF at the time) to Brisbane and all around the local area including a trip to the Great Barrier Reef. She slept in the Taxi from the airport and  a few days later on the trip to the Barrier Reef, she slept in the boat. When he awoke (can’t say the word without the letter a as it’s an illegal word on this forum) her and questioned her about why she wasn’t interested, her answer was “I’m tired” 😂😂

it is mind blowingly ignorant...............

I remember I would stick my face to the window as a 5-6yr old, if we drove 1 hour away

It is one of the trade offs you make when getting involved with a Thai(not all but many)

I sort of gave up trying to go anywhere with my wife

But on the flip side.........she doesn't care if I go away with friends

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

It is one of the trade offs you make when getting involved with a Thai(not all but many)

Interesting there needs to be a trade off. What is it you need to trade and what’s the flip side of the trade? Reason for asking is that I’ve heard this before and yet I’ve never fully understood what the trade is? 

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

Interesting there needs to be a trade off. What is it you need to trade and what’s the flip side of the trade? Reason for asking is that I’ve heard this before and yet I’ve never fully understood what the trade is? 

I think marrying ourltside your culture from any country has trade offs

Here's a big example:

I absolutely love music

Especially 90's R&B

Now my wife thinks some of the songs are nice but she will never get the significant or the relevance of certain songs that say a women my age from US/Canada would

It's not something we can really share

To me that's a tradeoff vs the positives 

Big positive

I'm not a western women hater at all but I do think they care about the stupidest shit

Where as I think a lot of Asian girls don't sweat the small stuff, like a lot of western wives do

So those are all trade-offs to me

But as pointed out prior

Some of those trade-offs can be a bit frustrating 

• Like 3

^ by the way @Soidog I should have given this trade-off example

My wife turns 40 next month(can't believe it)

And at times she can be the most childish person I know

BUT................she's also still the most playful, laughs the most genuinely of any girl I have ever had a relationship with

That's a trade-off that, to me, is worth it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

^ by the way @Soidog I should have given this trade-off example

My wife turns 40 next month(can't believe it)

And at times she can be the most childish person I know

BUT................she's also still the most playful, laughs the most genuinely of any girl I have ever had a relationship with

That's a trade-off that, to me, is worth it

Ok. But why is that a trade off. Compared to what? I’m assuming there is a sizeable age difference between you and your wife and the trade off is having a younger wife than you could perhaps get in the US? In return you have to accept her cultural differences? Is that the trade off you mean? 

8 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Ok. But why is that a trade off. Compared to what? I’m assuming there is a sizeable age difference between you and your wife and the trade off is having a younger wife than you could perhaps get in the US? In return you have to accept her cultural differences? Is that the trade off you mean? 

The trade-off is exactly what I posted

She can be somewhat childish at times but in turn, she's more playful and fun than other girls I have dated

So am I trading dealing with petulance at times for a much more fun, playful partner

But I find that in most Asian girls I have dated

Koreans can be 30 and act like they are 12yrs old.............

Not a huge age difference, 9 years

And my wife tells everyone I am the "young one" in the relationship (in terms of energy and spirit, she means)

She complained about an 8:15pm dinner reservation tomorrow, it's too late

I am like a Spainiard, I'd go out at 10pm and eat at 12am if she'd allow me!! 5555

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Soidog said:

I wish i was born Thai. They give zero f*cks . I don't know if I've ever had a successful nap in my life. Can't sleep on a 12 hour flight without 6 valium. 

And I'm tired a lot too. 

Hard ass central Europeans are allergic to rest and relaxation 

Edited by socal

23 minutes ago, socal said:

I wish i was born Thai. They give zero f*cks . I don't know if I've ever had a successful nap in my life. Can't sleep on a 12 hour flight without 6 valium. 

And I'm tired a lot too. 

😂😂. Yes I agree. Thais would be happy to sleep on the outside of the aircraft at 35,000 feet!  A bit chilly maybe 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

The trade-off is exactly what I posted

She can be somewhat childish at times but in turn, she's more playful and fun than other girls I have dated

So am I trading dealing with petulance at times for a much more fun, playful partner

But I find that in most Asian girls I have dated

Koreans can be 30 and act like they are 12yrs old.............

Not a huge age difference, 9 years

And my wife tells everyone I am the "young one" in the relationship (in terms of energy and spirit, she means)

She complained about an 8:15pm dinner reservation tomorrow, it's too late

I am like a Spainiard, I'd go out at 10pm and eat at 12am if she'd allow me!! 5555

😂😂. Ok got ya. Yes I’m the same. I love to go out later and eat later. I struggle with dinner anytime before 8pm. 

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

😂😂. Ok got ya. Yes I’m the same. I love to go out later and eat later. I struggle with dinner anytime before 8pm. 

Although this summer in Kamala Beach I hit a good early groove which I plan to repeat for a week next month

Hit the beach at 4pm for Happy Hour and the sunset

Keep going for a couple more hours 

Dinner at around 8pm

Home by 10pm

Rinse and repeat 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, socal said:

And I'm tired a lot too. 

I come from a long line of nappers.....

Take one every day 

• Like 1