News Forum - Four Pit Bull mixes attack 76 year old grandma in northeast Thailand

Thaiger

Four Pit Bull mixed breed dogs attacked an elderly Thai lady in Mueang district of Nakhon Phanom province in northeast Thailand on Tuesday leaving her seriously injured and in need of urgent hospital treatment. It is the fourth time the four dogs have injured people in the village. The victim, 76 year old Thongpoon “Grandma …

The story Four Pit Bull mixes attack 76 year old grandma in northeast Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

12 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Chief of Nong Yat subdistrict has ordered the Pit Bull’s owners to move the dogs somewhere far away from the village

Move the dogs 6 feet under the village seems like a better idea. 

• Like 8

I think the owner needs a stiff fine and a week in jail to think about how they need to pen up the dogs where they will not attack innocent people. I understand the need to have protection in this Mekong based area as I have a Thai friend who lives there, but not at people's expense of being mauled being severely maimed or possibly killed.

• Like 2

there is a high incidence reporting of pitbull and their mixes, this i am hearing often and this breed has a unusual temper with the summer season coming this dogs will become more aggressive.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kalyan said:

there is a high incidence reporting of pitbull and their mixes, this i am hearing often and this breed has a unusual temper with the summer season coming this dogs will become more aggressive.

That is correct as bull dogs pitbulls are sensitive to heat more than most toehr dogs. Something to do with short snout. My Frenchie Bulldog has probelms with heat so we need to watch her and take care. She will take 2 baths a day and push over a bucket full of water and lay in it. Grumpy is how they get.

It still puzzles me why the authorities are not taking this serious. There had been numerous incidences of pit bull attacking both their owners and outsiders. Pit bull are dangerous species which is only ment for fight to kill. In Malaysia it is illegal to own one. The law was passed few decades back when one elderly person was attacked and killed by a pit bull. Why can't Thailand do the same. Make it illegal and severe penalty to own one as a pet or guard dog. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

It still puzzles me why the authorities are not taking this serious. There had been numerous incidences of pit bull attacking both their owners and outsiders. Pit bull are dangerous species which is only ment for fight to kill. In Malaysia it is illegal to own one. The law was passed few decades back when one elderly person was attacked and killed by a pit bull. Why can't Thailand do the same. Make it illegal and severe penalty to own one as a pet or guard dog. 

They are a banned breed in many countries, with good reason. Yes, they can be managed safely, but very few owners have the necessary skills. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I think the owner needs a stiff fine and a week in jail to think about how they need to pen up the dogs where they will not attack innocent people. I understand the need to have protection in this Mekong based area as I have a Thai friend who lives there, but not at people's expense of being mauled being severely maimed or possibly killed.

One week in jail seems sufficient for anyone showing an interest in buying a pit bull in the future. If your pit bull attacks someone it should be seen as the owner did it, the owner should be charged with attempted murder or attempted manslaughter. Something like 20 years in jail seems appropriate. These owners are the most selfish pieces-of-you-know-what I know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpish said:

They are a banned breed in many countries, with good reason. Yes, they can be managed safely, but very few owners have the necessary skills. 

"Managed safely"? I don't see how that's possible. There will always be a risk - with a very high level of damage inflicted when the proverbial excretions hit the fan. But of course there are dogs that will spend an entire lifetime without attacking someone. But that doesn't really mean they're "managed". In my view, that's just pure luck.