News Forum - Bangkok to gain more dog-friendly public parks

Thaiger

Finding a green area to walk your furry friend in Bangkok is difficult because pet dogs are not allowed in all but one of the city’s public parks. That is about to change thanks to the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration’s (BMA) “15-minute” park project. The BMA has acquired 107 plots of land, covering a collective 659 …

The story Bangkok to gain more dog-friendly public parks as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

No no no, this is just monumentally stupid. Dogs are EVERYWHERE, the parks were the only public outdoor spaces where you were spared these horrible creatures who freak out at the sight of a runner. And where you didn't have to interact with selfish dog-owners who have never heard of neither accountability nor leashes. 

I love the civilisation on show in Bangkok where they don't allow dogs on public transport. Don't let a stupid dog-lover destroy the city parks like this. 

• Like 1

Went to dinner party in Bangkok recently, definitely up market house, (100Million + baht) secured estate with parks etc and not a Soi dog to be seen.

Maybe the terms of the new cultural division in Thailand.

"Oh you have Soi dogs" Gasp, shock, horror.

45 minutes ago, Sawarot said:

No no no, this is just monumentally stupid. Dogs are EVERYWHERE, the parks were the only public outdoor spaces where you were spared these horrible creatures who freak out at the sight of a runner. And where you didn't have to interact with selfish dog-owners who have never heard of neither accountability nor leashes. 

I love the civilisation on show in Bangkok where they don't allow dogs on public transport. Don't let a stupid dog-lover destroy the city parks like this. 

It's not about destroying (existing) parks, but about adding parks of which some portion will be available to pets (and it will indubitably regulated by requiring owner supervision, leashes, chips and prior registration). If your issue is with dogs in public parks that are leashed by their owners who can and probably will be held accountable if they do something unforgivable (like relieving themselves without flushing afterwards, or because of a bark that can be heard), just get over it. It's not annoying for most people and a major benefit for many people and their pets; it that causes a minority of people to be annoyed, it's up to them to chill.

1 hour ago, Chatogaster said:

It's not about destroying (existing) parks, but about adding parks of which some portion will be available to pets (and it will indubitably regulated by requiring owner supervision, leashes, chips and prior registration). If your issue is with dogs in public parks that are leashed by their owners who can and probably will be held accountable if they do something unforgivable (like relieving themselves without flushing afterwards, or because of a bark that can be heard), just get over it. It's not annoying for most people and a major benefit for many people and their pets; it that causes a minority of people to be annoyed, it's up to them to chill.

Still monumentally stupid.

47 minutes ago, Sawarot said:

Still monumentally stupid.

Got to be honest...........your post/take is the one that is monumentally stupid

Pets aren't EVERYWHERE, they are hardly anywhere in Bangkok

And don't worry, last I checked soi dogs don't read the news, they won't know they are allowed in parks now...............

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sawarot said:

Don't let a stupid dog-lover destroy the city parks like this. 

Is it just people who like dogs you don’t like or people who like any animal? Before you answer, don’t forget you are also an animal. I’ve always found I prefer most dogs to most humans. 

14 hours ago, Soidog said:

Is it just people who like dogs you don’t like or people who like any animal? Before you answer, don’t forget you are also an animal. I’ve always found I prefer most dogs to most humans. 

I sincerely believe that people who want to own pets are not animal lovers. Think about it.

15 hours ago, Soidog said:

I think most humans would agree when it comes to @Sawarot 5555

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sawarot said:

I sincerely believe that people who want to own pets are not animal lovers. Think about it.

My pet dog (I only claim her to be a pet and mine for linguistic reasons) is blind and would surely have died years ago unless I hadn't adopted her. 

Nothing is ever black or white / 0 or 1 / no or yes. So let's draw a line and set some simple scales on either end: on one end it's rescuing a fly (or not) that dropped into your drink, on the other end it's taking care (or not) of a new-born baby.

I'll let you think about that scale.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sawarot said:

Thought about it and can’t fathom how you would come to that conclusion. So enlighten me…