Greta Thunberg Detained...!

Faraday

Have to admit, I got quite excited when I read this headline.

Thoughts of Police brutality & a long spell inside the monkey house, were far from my mind: Of course.🤓

"Thunberg was held while protesting at the opencast coal mine of Garzweiler 2, some 9 km (5.6 miles) from the village of Luetzerath, after police warned that the group would be removed by force if they did not move away from the edge of the mine."

But then released after an "Identity Check" Yea, bet she was. More like when the poor little mite, called an expensive Swedish lawyer.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/german-police-detain-greta-thunberg-german-coal-village-protests-2023-01-17/

Here's a wonderful photo of her, looking fashionably muddy, suitably downcast & oppressed. 

4032.thumb.jpg.89603ef7f00642b890c2bb3820efa300.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jan/17/greta-thunberg-detained-at-coal-protest-in-germany

3 hours ago, Faraday said:

Have to admit, I got quite excited when I read this headline.

Thoughts of Police brutality & a long spell inside the monkey house, were far from my mind: Of course.🤓

"Thunberg was held while protesting at the opencast coal mine of Garzweiler 2, some 9 km (5.6 miles) from the village of Luetzerath, after police warned that the group would be removed by force if they did not move away from the edge of the mine."

But then released after an "Identity Check" Yea, bet she was. More like when the poor little mite, called an expensive Swedish lawyer.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/german-police-detain-greta-thunberg-german-coal-village-protests-2023-01-17/

Here's a wonderful photo of her, looking fashionably muddy, suitably downcast & oppressed. 

4032.thumb.jpg.89603ef7f00642b890c2bb3820efa300.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jan/17/greta-thunberg-detained-at-coal-protest-in-germany

Queen Greta is a brainwashed manipulated work warrior who people that don't know any better listen to, they will have us believe uneducated children over scientists that are well versed into the workings of this planet. 

This speaker who his name escapes me give a great speach about 'climate change' to some young Uni Students. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For me the whole debate about climate change has become entrenched in politics.

The fact is the climate IS changing. Now whether that is caused by humans or natural fluctuations (or a combination of both) is asinine. The fact is we are going to have to deal with it and we should stop trashing the place where we live.

This will in some regards require us to take a step backwards from the disposable society we have become. Let me give you some examples. 

When I was a kid my mom had a shopping bag. Carrier bags were simply not a thing. You could get a brown paper bag but the arse always fell out the damned thing as soon as you lifted it.

My first job was the delivery bicycle at the Co-op. Yup it was me peddling round the town dropping off the shopping people had bought. No van. The good news is it never turned me into a clocktower sniper.

When your TV broke down you got it repaired. Nowadays we simply toss it and buy a new one.

You could carry out your own maintenance of your car. You didn't need specialized tools to remove parts that only authorized garages have access to.

So manufacturers need to change the way they build stuff to allow us to do all that.

We waste an awful lot of stuff simply because we have become so accustomed to having things made easy for us.

What I am saying is we kind of need to go back to the 1970's.

However there is some stuff we need to keep. Daily showers for example. Just covering yourself in Brut aftershave (looking at you here Marble Eye) is NOT an option.

• Like 3

Something occurred to me last night...

If this Climate change malarkey is as bad as Thunberg & her devotees say it is & we're all gonna be dead soon, how is it that Banks are still issuing mortgages & loans over 20/30 & 40 years?

• Like 4

The celebs, pop stars, sports divas and all the other hypocrites who want the plebs to give up their lifestyle to 'save the planet' seem a little reluctant to give up their private jets and souped up sport cars. I should imaging many of those attending music festivals like Glastonbury will be made up of these virtuous do gooders, who when the festival is over leave the site like a council tip with their plastic crisp bags, plastic drink beakers and nylon tents strewn all over the place. 

Don't do what I do, do as I say. 

How many of us will give up meat and live off crickets and other bugs, it would certainly make a mockery of 'spiceygirls' "Show us your Dish" thread. 🤔🐂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marble-eye said:

This speaker who his name escapes me give a great speach about 'climate change' to some young Uni Students. 

What a common-sense talk that was, with some humour thrown in too.
Does anyone know what his name is, or if he has any other pearls of wisdom?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Found it, Konstantin Kisin speaking at the Oxford Union. He was rather good. 👏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/18/2023 at 11:08 AM, Bluesofa said:

That was a very good explanation of the real problem along with a workable approach to solve the actual problem rather than the current method of blame everyone from the previous generations and whine about having no future.