News Forum - Thai woman allegedly defrauds American PPE company of 239 million baht

Thaiger

An American PPE company alleges that a Thai woman defrauded them of a staggering 239 million baht (US$8 million) in a high-profile public fraud case centred around rubber gloves. On February 18, 2021, US Company Quick Aid LLC wired 239 million Thai baht to a private Thai company named Singhaseni Group Co., Ltd. The Thai …

The story Thai woman allegedly defrauds American PPE company of 239 million baht as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2

Just go after the person of that American firm who was assigned to close this deal. He might have been forgot himself once being entertained in Thailand during his personal visit to discuss and site visit to witness the production operations before closing the deal. I would say that the Thai woman is smart in doing business in thin air.  

It's relevant, quite major and I read it on Thaiger first. It's objective, it's not a trivial summary of something well-known (Googling afterwards didn't deliver relevant hits)… I'm impressed for the 2nd time and it even concerns the same author! 

I fully agree with KaptainRob. Well done, Leah!

• Like 2

Solly she cannot attend court, person of that name we cannot find. 

Changed her name again ??????, something extremely easy to do in Thailand.

Just ask the drug dealing politician who was busted in Australia and then became a Poli. here in Thailand under another name.

Article quote: “For example, a fraud perpetrated privately carries a maximum sentence of three years—regardless of the amount of the fraud. In Sinhaseni’s case, three years in prison for 239 million baht works out to nearly 80 million baht a year—the reward from committing fraud far outweighs the maximum penalty.”

In this case crime does pay and is certainly worth the time. 

• Like 1