News Forum - American TikTok star sues Porsche Thailand

Thaiger

An American TikTok star and his Thai girlfriend filed a lawsuit against a Porsche Thailand showroom claiming that the used car they paid 13 million baht for is not only a different model than they ordered but also doesn’t work. Yesterday at 4.30pm, 39 year old Kyle Michael Anderson and his wife [name reserved] met …

The story American TikTok star sues Porsche Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I just wonder what was in the sales and purchase contract agreement stated. There could have been some clues for it. It is pretty sure that such details are captured in the contract agreement. It is the responsibility of the buyer to clearly verify all such minute details before committing in. Anyway....these are my personal views. May be it is really a fraud in the sales as normally secondhand goods dealers will tell all the lies under the sun to close the deal. 

What person would buy a used luxury sport vehicle in Thailand without first having an independent assessment of its mechanical and electrical systems, as replacement parts and repairs on Porsches are extremely expensive (having owned 2).  As for the model/year/etc., it's all stated on the vehicle VIN plate (why not look at it before buying).  How do you select a car off the showroom floor and state it's not the model bought?  Did it come with a warranty?  Any attempt to try to determine who the previous owner was (e.g. a 60 year car lover or a 20 year old crack-head)?  Buyer beware and due diligence come to mind.

• Like 3

I dont think he has a leg to stand on.

The advertisement stated it was registered in 2021. 

As for it cutting out. Why do you think the previous owner got rid of it?

• Confused 1

Its ironic that a bottom feedind conman preying on gullible, people, sorry......

'influencer'......has been conned by porche legitimagely!! Could this happen to a more diserving person, I think not. It doed however beg the question HOW stupid are the people HE!! is influencing??!! I hope the courts rule against him and additionally remove the parasitic maggot and his porche from the Thai kingdom!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Apart from Singapore and Malaysia, don't buy any extravagant thing in this part of the world, especially after a pandemic that shuts down a country for two years. Every where people are desperate. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

I dont think he has a leg to stand on.

The advertisement stated it was registered in 2021. 

As for it cutting out. Why do you think the previous owner got rid of it?

You saw the advertisement?  Would you please post it for all to see... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skip said:

You saw the advertisement?  Would you please post it for all to see... 

Thats what Porsche clearly stated. Now this guy assumed that registered in 2021 meant it was built in 2021.

This is not the case.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Porsche issued a refund of only 1.5 million baht, claiming that the showroom had to close the finance contract with interest charges totalling 9 million baht

That’s the kicker and the rest is just noise. 9 million baht in interest for a loan paid out in 6 months. Loan sharks don’t charge that much. Buyer beware. 

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Fanta said:

That’s the kicker and the rest is just noise. 9 million baht in interest for a loan paid out in 6 months. Loan sharks don’t charge that much. Buyer beware. 

Yeah it would appear the penalty clauses for failing to fulfil the loan agreement are brutal. Either the guy was unaware of these or dismissed them because he felt it would never be an issue. Ultimately he signed it though.

Having said that Porsche does not look good here. Essentially they sold him a car which is broken. They should do the right thing and fix the damned car. If that means flying in an expert from Germany then so be it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Thaiger said:

An American TikTok star and his Thai girlfriend filed a lawsuit against a Porsche Thailand showroom claiming that the used car they paid 13 million baht for is not only a different model than they ordered but also doesn’t work. Yesterday at 4.30pm, 39 year old Kyle Michael Anderson and his wife [name reserved] met

It is a TikTok Porsche meant for a TikTok star. Of course it cuts out after 3 minutes.

• Haha 5

22 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Thats what Porsche clearly stated. Now this guy assumed that registered in 2021 meant it was built in 2021.

This is not the case.

So you haven't read the actual advertisement... and have already passed judgement... 555

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skip said:

So you haven't read the actual advertisement... and have already passed judgement... 555

So I should ignore what Porsche said and just believe the tiktok star?

• Confused 1

On 1/17/2023 at 7:30 PM, palooka said:

What on earth is a Tik Tok star?

In this case, it's a euphemism for rich kid without a job living off the family trust

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

So I should ignore what Porsche said and just believe the tiktok star?

That's not the point... you pointed out that the advertisement read a certain way... not what was subsequently said by the Porche dealer.

I merely would like to read the actual advertisement before passing judgement on either party.

P.S.... advertising a car model year using its registration year is misleading at best... say I have a 5 year old car that was registered just this year... is it ok to advertise the car for sale saying that it is this years?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

He is a scam artists in Bangkok and Pattaya he hitched up people on poker games its all around the poker forums.

14 hours ago, Sean12 said:

He is a scam artists in Bangkok and Pattaya he hitched up people on poker games its all around the poker forums.

spacer.png

If he is an 'influencer' whatever the F that is and that is his job I hope he has a work visa for Thailand!

4 hours ago, ChrisS said:

If he is an 'influencer' whatever the F that is and that is his job I hope he has a work visa for Thailand!

I love the old man pretending he doesn't know what an "influencer" is

Yet feels compelled to comment on the story.....

6 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Yet feels compelled to comment on the story.....

Sarcasm, dude.  Even I saw it.

The comment is on the value of an influencer, not what an influencer was.

10 hours ago, MrStretch said:

My comment was in fact aimed at how an "influencer" becomes an "influencer"..............If an influencer is one who influences others does that make a teacher, a university professor, a parent or guardian an "influencer"

3 hours ago, ChrisS said:

My comment was in fact aimed at how an "influencer" becomes an "influencer"..............If an influencer is one who influences others does that make a teacher, a university professor, a parent or guardian an "influencer"

I think anyone who uses the term "influencer" to describe themselves is an assh*le

But there are so many good YouTuber that do add value

And I guess they are influencers......although I've never heard them call themselves that 

• Like 1