News Forum - Thailand plans to extend 45 day visa free stays until year end

Thaiger

The Tourism Authority of Thailand will propose extending the 45 day visa exemption on arrival policy until the end of the year to boost tourism recovery. In September last year, Thailand’s Cabinet approved the temporary extension of visa on arrival and visa exemption on arrival for the High Season. Between October 1, 2022 – March …

The story Thailand plans to extend 45 day visa free stays until year end as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Currently the only competitor for Thailand in tourism is Indonesia & Vietnam which are attracting more tourists globally. However the increase in the flight and added expenses have deter many from travelling overseas. With the influx of Chinese tourists, even though the numbers can go up, but hardly can reach the 80mil target. Whatever the situation, things only will unfold after Chinse new year and Songkran...until then TAT has to keep its fingers crossed

I think Malaysia can be included with Indonesia and Vietnam, after Thailand it's my favorite place to visit.
I think Malaysia with better marketing can take a lot of tourism from Thailand, they need to market their beach locales more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saunk said:

I think Malaysia can be included with Indonesia and Vietnam, after Thailand it's my favorite place to visit.
I think Malaysia with better marketing can take a lot of tourism from Thailand, they need to market their beach locales more.

For nature the Philippines is fantastic... but the food, terrible

7 minutes ago, cowslip said:

I think multiple visa entries would be more useful (overland) as people could then use Thailand as its favourite thing ... a hub!

Agreed. A 60 or 90 day multiple entry would be great. If this 45 day visa exempt turns out to be a winner then why not keep it indefinitely? I guess TAT and the government like to make it look like they are busy clever people coming up with new initiatives and “Hubs”.

2 minutes ago, cowslip said:

Malaysia gives you 90 days, I believe.

Yes that’s right they will do that for British nationals. I’m not sure about other countries. 

11 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Yes that’s right they will do that for British nationals. I’m not sure about other countries. 

...and no specific laws about re-entry.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cowslip said:

I think multiple visa entries would be more useful (overland) as people could then use Thailand as its favourite thing ... a hub!

The METV is available from Thai Embassies/Consulates.
You can also purchase a multi re-entry permit for any period of stay for any Visa type or extension of stay.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In my opinion the Russian numbers are huge due to military age adults fleeing conscription. Have a look at all the young Rus in Pattaya and Bangkok, families in tow. Unusually high number of young men and women.