News Forum - Another black life taken in US police custody

Thaiger

Three things are certain in life in the United States: day follows night, innocent people become fatal victims of random gunman attacks, and black people die in police custody. Already this year, three black men have lost their lives while in the hands of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD). The latest black life to …

The story Another black life taken in US police custody as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This is not news, but an opinion piece because of the writer's obvious bias.

I watched the video and suggest that all wait until the autopsy is complete. The man was incoherent at times, and did not behave in a rational manner. He was making statements suggestive of someone under the influence of drugs or alcohol or having a mental health issue. First he claims he was making a stunt video then he said people were trying to kill him. The responding cop was polite, professional and kind. He refused to co-operate and instead presented himself as a danger to himself and to the public. Let's see what substances were in his body first.

• Like 2

If this is true then ummm, stop giving an attitude and stop resisting the police's requests and thinking you will be ok even if you are not wrong and in the right. Now whatcha gonna do now that you are dead?, and what is your son and wife going to do without his father and husband to take care now?

I have been confronted oodles of times in the US when younger over my renegade and rambunctious fun years, and the thing was to always do what they say. Sorry, but  this BLM movment is not a free card to raise he** and think the police are just going to give you flowers. Police are real and they need to also protect themselves, but yes I have also encountered huge attitudes from some as well, but I did not act like an idiot.

Let's see what really happened and if it was he was manhandles under force.

I see that this is yet another BS negative article from writer BS. Don't figure.

• Like 1

I'm not a police apologist and it's tragic what happened to this man

He was clearly having a mental health issue/breakdown 

But I don't know what else police could do

I don't know if the continued use of the taser is excessive?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

I'm not a police apologist and it's tragic what happened to this man

He was clearly having a mental health issue/breakdown 

But I don't know what else police could do

I don't know if the continued use of the taser is excessive?

Nice follow up post. This guy seemed more whacked on something else than THC and coke if not having the coke laced, but from what I have read and heard, cannabinoids nowadays like can be super power concentrated and bring on extreme nervousness and axniety just like this would do. If not something sent him scared sideways, but highly unlikely. Fact of the matter is he should have just mellowed and did what they said. The motorcycle cop was extremely nice, nicer than I have even seen them in most of what I have seen personally. Well done to the cops and this guy probably normally is a very nice guy but got caught up in an overdose mixup which inevitably ended sadly

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Nice follow up post. This guy seemed more whacked on something else than THC and coke if not having the coke laced, but from what I have read and heard, cannabinoids nowadays like can be super power concentrated and bring on extreme nervousness and axniety just like this would do. If not something sent him scared sideways, but highly unlikely. Fact of the matter is he should have just mellowed and did what they said. The motorcycle cop was extremely nice, nicer than I have even seen them in most of what I have seen personally. Well done to the cops and this guy probably normally is a very nice guy but got caught up in an overdose mixup which inevitably ended sadly

To be honest 

That looked more mental issues than drugs

Even though drugs were in his system

So it seems he had mental issues then the drugs really exacerbated it

I really feel for him

And there are certainly instances where cops mistreated a person with mental issues

But in this case they did what they ahd to do

And yes, the initial cop was fantastic 

In Twitter comments people say a mental health professional should answer those calls

A) that's just ridiculous, in thsi case you couldn't know it was a mental health issue going into it 

B) A lot of mental health professionals won't be able to handle the inherent danger in a lof of these situations 

I do think police should be better trained in mental health 

Because a good % of their interactions are with people with mental health issues 

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

To be honest 

That looked more mental issues than drugs

Even though drugs were in his system

So it seems he had mental issues then the drugs really exacerbated it

I really feel for him

And there are certainly instances where cops mistreated a person with mental issues

But in this case they did what they ahd to do

And yes, the initial cop was fantastic 

In Twitter comments people say a mental health professional should answer those calls

A) that's just ridiculous, in thsi case you couldn't know it was a mental health issue going into it 

B) A lot of mental health professionals won't be able to handle the inherent danger in a lof of these situations 

I do think police should be better trained in mental health 

Because a good % of their interactions are with people with mental health issues 

Psychosis either brought on by drugs or brought on by a chemical imbalance. Either way there ought to be a better way as this young guy seemed ok.