News Forum - Impactful entrepreneur killed in motorbike crash in Thailand

Thaiger

Little is known about the death of award-winning entrepreneur and philanthropist Eli Ostreicher, who was killed in a motorbike accident in Thailand, yesterday at 39 years old. Reports say the accident happened in Bangkok. Eli Ostreicher was born in London’s Hasidic community and later moved to New York City, where he ran five companies including …

The story Impactful entrepreneur killed in motorbike crash in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Even though the news didn't mentioned any details about his accident,( which normally will be like a running commentary in most of the accident cases) was he riding without proper gear?

45 minutes ago, Pinga said:

For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would risk driving or riding a motorcycle in Bangkok. Another life taken prematurely, RIP.

I do it every day.  It is very dangerous and I wouldn't recommend it unless you are aware of the danger and are able to drive accordingly.  The very high accident rate on  Thai roads is due mainly to motorcycle accidents.  Thai drivers make it look easy.  It's not.  Many Thais have been driving motorcycles in Bangkok since they were 8 years old.  Some of them are still 8 years old.  

For me, despite the risks, it is still a great way to get around Bangkok.