My new bike

Boldfocker

On 7/23/2021 at 5:16 AM, AussieBob said:

In the light of full disclosure myself.   When I bought it 6 months old at a bargain price, it had a 2" 'chicken strip'. Clearly the first owner could not ride it at all.  Less than a year later I sold it with a 1/2" chicken strip. I could get it over a lot, but even around a race track it felt like I was going to hit my head on the road and I could not lean it all the way. Way back in the old days it was an achievement to scrape the toes and knees on a road bike, but on these modern bikes you are scraping your elbows. And dont ask me about when I switched the electronics to 'race' mode - aaaargh!!   

Well at 62 I have just bought a new KTM 1290 Adventure S. 

4 years ago I bought a Honda CRF1000 Super Adventure DCT, it was so top heavy I sold it and got a NEW KTM 790 ADV S. so much lighter and easier to manoeuvre.  I tamed the 790 and wanted more comfort so got the 1290. fully packed with electronics it has everything including Adaptive cruise control.

• Like 1