How to get a Thai police background check outside of Bangkok?

MrStretch

I have a colleague on Koh Samui who has accepted a job in Hat Yai and as part of the new visa process has been asked for a Thai Police Background Check.  Naturally, Thai government web pages are confusing or lack the proper information.

Does anyone know how to do this if you are outside of Bangkok?

Your help is most appreciated.

Thanks, Faz.  I've just learned that for in-country jobs there are provincial "Scientific Detection Centers" in which this can be done.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/11/2023 at 11:30 AM, MrStretch said:

Thanks, Faz.  I've just learned that for in-country jobs there are provincial "Scientific Detection Centers" in which this can be done.

Yes. Every Provincial Police HQ has a separate “ Forensic” Dept. who do all Fingerprinting / Police Checks.

Mine cost 30 baht against Tessaban Request Letter for my Foreign House Owner Yellow Book. 
Beware agents and lawyers offering this service for fantastic 20k baht type prices. 

Thanks for that updated information, chaps.

It would therefore appear that for internal job applications, police clearance can be obtained from a local Provincial station. However, when required for visa applications to other Countries, in my experience, the clearance has always had to come from the PCS centre, Bangkok.