News Forum - Vaccination certificate requirement dropped and effective immediately | Thailand News Today

Thaiger

The covid 19 travel requirements into Thailand.  This morning we reported that any non-Thai traveler that is 18 and above must have either two doses of covid 19 vaccines, a letter of proof of recovery from covid in the past six months or a doctor’s letter explaining why they are not vaccinated. And this letter has been given to the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand or the CAAT to tell airlines to prohibit any passengers traveling to Thailand that do not have these documents from coming on board.  and even though this law has only been announced over the weekend, […]

The story Vaccination certificate requirement dropped and effective immediately | Thailand News Today as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I've already got a Farang on a discussion forum telling me that he gets his news from a Visa agency and that his news is the most accurate... Now he finally admits to not knowing what to believe...

This kinda stuff really makes it hard to plan for a trip. It really leaves a bad sate in your mouth and certainly makes you look for other destinations for future trips.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Soidog said:

This was just received from the British Embassy in Bangkok. The sections on Covid-19 and Entry requirements are relevant to this topic 

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications-topic&utm_source=8e521d8e-78f1-4a95-8236-9d0d3608a55b&utm_content=immediately

Thanks, its good to see this info is already making it to official government websites. I am hoping that this quick U-turn of events is enough loss of face to hold them off from changing their mind again for at least 2 weeks, I prefer 45 days ( Once I am on the plane home from my 28 day vacation in Pattaya )

1 minute ago, Danbrooks2k said:

Thanks, its good to see this info is already making it to official government websites. I am hoping that this quick U-turn of events is enough loss of face to hold them off from changing their mind again for at least 2 weeks, I prefer 45 days ( Once I am on the plane home from my 28 day vacation in Pattaya )

I think things will remain stable now for the next couple of week or end of the month. The next change, if there is to be one, will depend on how things develop in Thailand and elsewhere in the world. 

I actually believe we will get away with the opening of China. It’s a gamble and not one we should be taking. But having done so, I think it will be ok. If on the other hand, we see new variants, rising hospital admissions and stories of whole businesses being closed due to staff sickness, then we could end up going back to the dark old days of proof of vaccines, health insurance for all, and who knows what else?  Perhaps even a PCR test before departure. Sincerely hope not and not expecting it either. The policy to let people travel from China without a PCR is playing fast & loose with the nations health. Anutin and the other imbeciles should be ashamed.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I think things will remain stable now for the next couple of week or end of the month. The next change, if there is to be one, will depend on how things develop in Thailand and elsewhere in the world. 

Fingers crossed... I agree, letting China come into other countries unrestricted is not a smart idea from an educated epidemiology standpoint. It is indeed playing fast and loose. I think I will stay by the pool at my condo on Jomtien, order food delivered and stay out of congested areas.

8 minutes ago, Danbrooks2k said:

Fingers crossed... I agree, letting China come into other countries unrestricted is not a smart idea from an educated epidemiology standpoint. It is indeed playing fast and loose. I think I will stay by the pool at my condo on Jomtien, order food delivered and stay out of congested areas.

You’ll know more than I do on the spread of virus’s. I tend to stay away from indoor spaces other than my own room. If in a hotel I have some disinfecting wipes I use on the TV remote control (even before Covid!) and I keep my distance best I can and wash my hands a little more than I use to. All that done I’ve had Covid at least once and picked up a mild cold a couple of months back. We live in the real world and we have to share the planet with viruses. 

I do find it somewhat insulting that Anutin tells people to wear masks (he didn’t today when he met Chinese arriving by the way!) and wash our hands. Meanwhile he lets hoards of potentially infected people to walk through the front door. 

873AD731-3E66-45EE-B35A-72B92E7B1023.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

all this back and forth is getting confusing.  i know when i came through late Sunday night they didnt ask for anything but found out while we were in commute it was about to take affect.  now im seeing stories that they have cancelled it.  hopefully they did cancel it and didnt bow to all the fear mongers.

18 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I tend to stay away from indoor spaces other than my own room. If in a hotel I have some disinfecting wipes I use on the TV remote control (even before Covid!) and I keep my distance best I can and wash my hands a little more than I use to. 

I do find it somewhat insulting that Anutin tells people to wear masks (he didn’t today when he met Chinese arriving by the way!) and wash our hands. Meanwhile he lets hoards of potentially infected people to walk through the front door. 

I wear a fresh clean disposable mask through all airports even if not required. If I touch that mask its with freshly washed and dried masks and only by the elastic strings as I was taught to remove them in school and dozens of classes. I only remove my mask on a flight when I absolutely have to. I make sure to eat before my long flight and I am normally medicated with Benadryl and Xanax so I don't even care about missing meals. I wash my hands and use sanitizer pretty much constantly. I don't mingle with big crowds of expats and bargirls that have been touching them and getting breathed on by them.

I am not a mask fanatic or any of that. I just travel every 30 days for work and have picked up some pretty awful influenza and other crap over the years and it makes it difficult to safely do my job when I am sick and someone needs my medical skills. I am all about personal liberty as far as masks and vaccines go. I am not terrified of covid... I just know getting it is at very least inconvenient and will result in me loosing money and time from work. All we can do is use our best judgement. In some places I over do it to compensate for people that maybe are not always using the best judgement. It may not be their top priority to care if they get me sick... With all that I still got Omicron in January 2022 in Pattaya. Hopefully I can avoid it this trip. SOund like you are using very good judgement. I hope your next trip goes well and infection free sir!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Danbrooks2k said:

I wear a fresh clean disposable mask through all airports even if not required. If I touch that mask its with freshly washed and dried masks and only by the elastic strings as I was taught to remove them in school and dozens of classes. I only remove my mask on a flight when I absolutely have to. I make sure to eat before my long flight and I am normally medicated with Benadryl and Xanax so I don't even care about missing meals. I wash my hands and use sanitizer pretty much constantly. I don't mingle with big crowds of expats and bargirls that have been touching them and getting breathed on by them.

I am not a mask fanatic or any of that. I just travel every 30 days for work and have picked up some pretty awful influenza and other crap over the years and it makes it difficult to safely do my job when I am sick and someone needs my medical skills. I am all about personal liberty as far as masks and vaccines go. I am not terrified of covid... I just know getting it is at very least inconvenient and will result in me loosing money and time from work. All we can do is use our best judgement. In some places I over do it to compensate for people that maybe are not always using the best judgement. It may not be their top priority to care if they get me sick... With all that I still got Omicron in January 2022 in Pattaya. Hopefully I can avoid it this trip. SOund like you are using very good judgement. I hope your next trip goes well and infection free sir!

Same here, I will likely wear a mask when flying quite a bit now

I always got sick flying to/from Asia

Mostly because of the rude Chinese coughing and doing all kinds of disgusting things

So if I see that going on, I will mask up

I was on a flight last month and there was a lady that was clearly sick with no mask

Even refused when the flight attendtant offered her one

Listen, some people may need to fly when sick(flu, cold)

The least they could do is wear a mask if they are sick

• Like 2