News Forum - Welcome to Thailand, land of the Chinese dream

Thaiger

After years of Covid misery, China’s social media is alive with talk of Thailand, land of the Chinese dream. The Chinese people are drawn to what they see as the kingdom’s slower pace of balanced life, and benefits such as cheap international schools. Influencers are painting a picture of a paradise where dreams come true. Stressed-out parents, according to aljazeera.com, can see little beyond cheap international schools and working from home in an exotic locale. Beautiful people sip coffee from porcelain cups, overlooking cobalt seas. Children laugh constructively with their Western teachers. Exotic vegetables are good-naturedly haggled over and paid […]

The story Welcome to Thailand, land of the Chinese dream as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

OMG! Thailand is doomed! These invester Chinese should be banned. Buy to live here or lose your investment. And this should have a period of mandatory stay each year attachmed to it. Now for the most part the article does talk about the good parents wanting a better life for their kids and ones who under the breath despise the CCP and simply don't like what their country has become. But the simple fact is the Chinese are near 1.5 billion, and just the sheer numbers of the ones who travel even if they are ok folk is like an invasion and relates to sheer over saturation and ugliness for all other people and the Thai here.

There needs to be a cap limit on how many Chinese can visit and how many can live here as no other countries people would ever be able to come close to their droves even near 10% of the total that they do which makes them a virtual plague and stigma to this to society and this wonderful country. The Gov is out of touch. If they can limit PR's and things as such every year making it very much unobtainable to most all, then they can certainly limit a nationality coming and visiting and staying here. Stop this malarky and simply put limits and dont make it the Chinese country dream of exodus. It simply doesn't work in mass numbers and is grotesque. And yes, if my country's people were enmass and became a blight like the Chinese have accomplished, then I would say do the same for the American people as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

There needs to be a cap limit on how many Chinese can visit and how many can live here

I agree entirely. I think that cap limit should be 2 !! 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Poolie said:

The fear factor is strong but don't worry, children. They mean no harm. You'll be safe! Have a wonderful evening!😀

They may not mean it, but they sure have caused a lot of harm. Have a lovely evening 😄

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Well maybe not 2 but definetely something realistic to avoid saturated overkill tourisim from them or too many settling down over a reasonable limit. CM is miserable with them here.

7 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Well maybe not 2 but definetely something realistic to avoid saturated overkill tourisim from them or too many settling down over a reasonable limit. CM is miserable with them here.

Yes ok. Maybe I’m being too harsh. Can we agree on 4? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Poolie said:

The fear factor is strong but don't worry, children. They mean no harm. You'll be safe! Have a wonderful evening!😀

Can you guarantee they will not be CCP stooges, "bent on doing all is good for the future of CCP"

3 minutes ago, palooka said:

Can you guarantee they will not be CCP stooges, "bent on doing all is good for the future of CCP"

I promise on behalf of my e-bike, which is the nearest thing to a commie I possess. 😁

• Like 1

Get ready for the gross rude surge flood of them coming here as the gates are now open. Nothing ever changes. Do these pictures look familiar and reminiscent of episodes for how the Chinese que at Suvarnabhumi airport, or even at an ATM?, or for the fact anywhere and everywhere they go in groups as they herd and push and try to jump ques, and for a reality check, once they are truly here like before, then never go to a buffet if you know their groups have been taken there. Purely rude and ugly and obnoxious, and don't forget the noise factor and odd other impolite etiquette mannerisms they bring as well. 

Thailand Gov should stop opening their arms and also stop advertising the Land of Smiles / LOS as welcome welcome come all of you in your millions upon millions masse with open arms, as it is just not the real feeling of the locals and will yet again wreak leaving of a bad taste in everyone's mouth except the ones who are out of touch like these officials. Change it to LOF - Land of Frowns

If they are controlled it would be fine, but with these people of nearly 1.5 billion and the hundreds of millions who have enough yuan to travel from all walks of life, it is simply overkill and lopsided. 

Years ago in CM I remember when they started to come after the movie Lost in Thailand and then I did not really care or think about it too much at all as things were still ok and it was sort of nice to see them visiting, but then in a short period of time that quickly rudly erupted and changed. Yes I understand I have a negative sentiment and attitude about them, and most all locals I speak with have the same, but the reality is that the majority of them have proven on a whole that they are not a desired tourist race enmasse in other countries and they literally ruined CM in many ways which no one appreciates.

Sentiment is as I do talk to the Thai about this subject, and the consensus is the ones who quietly buy and stay here to the ones who have and are staying here as their kids are in international schools are not in the too many and they are actually quite polite and act ok fro the most part. But this will swell if the article is factual and the major campaigning in China is going beautifying them to escape and come here. So this will also definetely turn sour as that seems the way it may be pointing.

Only good thing about Covid was there was balance and quiet everywhere amongst all race and people, but now the CPP has opened the gates, and this Gov that is out of touch calls for them to come, then expect the worse case again, or worst case miught go a few more level down if that is even possible. 

Pictures of today from the Associated press of first day of open travel at a train station.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA165AsL.img?w=534&h=356&m=6

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA165mdt.img?w=534&h=356&m=6

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Get ready for the gross rude surge flood of them coming here as the gates are now open. Nothing ever changes. Do these pictures look familiar and reminiscent of episodes for how the Chinese que at Suvarnabhumi airport, or even at an ATM?, or for the fact anywhere and everywhere they go in groups as they herd and push and try to jump ques, and for a reality check, once they are truly here like before, then never go to a buffet if you know their groups have been taken there. Purely rude and ugly and obnoxious, and don't forget the noise factor and odd other impolite etiquette mannerisms they bring as well. 

Thailand Gov should stop opening their arms and also stop advertising the Land of Smiles / LOS as welcome welcome come all of you in your millions upon millions masse with open arms, as it is just not the real feeling of the locals and will yet again wreak leaving of a bad taste in everyone's mouth except the ones who are out of touch like these officials. Change it to LOF - Land of Frowns

If they are controlled it would be fine, but with these people of nearly 1.5 billion and the hundreds of millions who have enough yuan to travel from all walks of life, it is simply overkill and lopsided. 

Years ago in CM I remember when they started to come after the movie Lost in Thailand and then I did not really care or think about it too much at all as things were still ok and it was sort of nice to see them visiting, but then in a short period of time that quickly rudly erupted and changed. Yes I understand I have a negative sentiment and attitude about them, and most all locals I speak with have the same, but the reality is that the majority of them have proven on a whole that they are not a desired tourist race enmasse in other countries and they literally ruined CM in many ways which no one appreciates.

Sentiment is as I do talk to the Thai about this subject, and the consensus is the ones who quietly buy and stay here to the ones who have and are staying here as their kids are in international schools are not in the too many and they are actually quite polite and act ok fro the most part. But this will swell if the article is factual and the major campaigning in China is going beautifying them to escape and come here. So this will also definetely turn sour as that seems the way it may be pointing.

Only good thing about Covid was there was balance and quiet everywhere amongst all race and people, but now the CPP has opened the gates, and this Gov that is out of touch calls for them to come, then expect the worse case again, or worst case miught go a few more level down if that is even possible.

What is the Chinese dream is certainly not everyone elses. Just the opposite with not welcome.

Pictures from the Associated press of a railway station in China today.

image.png

image.png

21 hours ago, Soidog said:

If you suggest only2, I suggest they should be of the same gender, otherwise the buggers will start breeding.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1