News Forum - TikTok video of nurses drinking in hospital spurs investigation

Thaiger

Officials have responded after TikTok videos went viral showing nurses in a hospital drinking and partying. The hospital was not named but the Thailand Nursing and Midwifery Council (TMNC) announced that they were launching a probe into the incident after several video clips went online to the popular social media app. The video has since been removed, but many shocked and outraged people online saved the clip and circulated it on other social media as well. The videos feature nurses at an unidentified hospital, later confirmed to be in Ayutthaya province, in what appears to be a break room. In […]

The story TikTok video of nurses drinking in hospital spurs investigation as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Quote Article: The director of the hospital announced that 17 medical personnel involved in the party have been suspended from work.

Guess they will be understaffed and the others will have double OT now. This was on Thai news days ago and I do agree it was a sad bad thought for posting from medical professionals. But in years past I have seen some in uniform (not hospital) sitting and openly drinking way too many times than I can count. Not sure this still happens out in the open, but not sure it doesn't behind the closed doors either.

4 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

It is always the "Croak of the frogs" that attracts the snakes' attention to prey on them....

I love these Asian sayings. Keep em coming. One I heard recently (may not be totally Asian?).  If you don’t want to row the boat, take your foot out of the water. I like the ones that include local animals and culture. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Quote Article: The director of the hospital announced that 17 medical personnel involved in the party have been suspended from work.

Guess they will be understaffed and the others will have double OT now. This was on Thai news days ago and I do agree it was a sad bad thought for posting from medical professionals. But in years past I have seen some in uniform (not hospital) sitting and openly drinking way too many times than I can count. Not sure this still happens out in the open, but not sure it doesn't behind the closed doors either.

You’d think it would lead to a staffing shortage. Although whenever I’ve visited a hospital in Thailand, there have been more staff than patients! 

I do wonder if people are just stupid or evil when they post such things on Tik Tok. In the U.K. last year, a brother of a well known Premier League footballer posted a video of the footballer kicking his cat. Rightly it created outrage and he was fined, vilified and ridiculed for his heinous crime. But why the hell would his brother post such a thing? Stupidly or arrogance? Fine line.   

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The party and nurses behaving badly was not just inappropriate though – it was illegal. The Alcoholic Beverage Act prohibits selling or consuming liquor in a hospital.

As a teenager in an adults' ward in a hospital in the UK, I remember nurses giving patients a bottle of Guinness per day for each patient, as it was consider beneficial.

I'm not planning going to the UK to be ill, as the Guinness practice was stopped many years ago.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

You’d think it would lead to a staffing shortage. Although whenever I’ve visited a hospital in Thailand, there have been more staff than patients! 

I do wonder if people are just stupid or evil when they post such things on Tik Tok. In the U.K. last year, a brother of a well known Premier League footballer posted a video of the footballer kicking his cat. Rightly it created outrage and he was fined, vilified and ridiculed for his heinous crime. But why the hell would his brother post such a thing? Stupidly or arrogance? Fine line.   

A touch of the Andy Warhol's maybe. The real problem in that case, is that so often the participants don't recognise the difference between "15 minutes of fame" and a possible lifetime of shame.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

As a teenager in an adults' ward in a hospital in the UK, I remember nurses giving patients a bottle of Guinness per day for each patient, as it was consider beneficial.

I come from Hackney in East London. The main local maternity hospital up until about 1985, was "The Mothers Hospital" which was run by the Salvation Army. It's worth mentioning that though they had a down on alcohol, they prescribed a daily pint of Guinness to the patients recovering from child-birth.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, JohninDublin said:

I come from Hackney in East London. The main local maternity hospital up until about 1985, was "The Mothers Hospital" which was run by the Salvation Army. It's worth mentioning that though they had a down on alcohol, they prescribed a daily pint of Guinness to the patients recovering from child-birth.

No wonder they had such large families in the past. 🤣
I'd be willing to give birth for a pint of Guinness, as long as I could keep the foetus in a cardboard box.

• Haha 1