News Forum - Muay Thai fighter laughs off sexual assault in video

Thaiger

A well-known Muay Thai fighter joked and showed no remorse after uploading videos of sexually assaulting women at a friend’s birthday party. Thaworn Sudchanham, also known as Wanchalong PK Saenchai, was slammed for his inappropriate behaviour by a British campaigner against gender-based violence, and by many others, after videos emerged of him sexually assaulting women at a party. Thaworn uploaded pictures and videos on TikTok of groping embarrassed women while he was seated in a crowded market-type place, Coconuts reported. Remarkably, the 36 year old champion fighter, from the Seachai Gym who came to public attention after he won a […]

The story Muay Thai fighter laughs off sexual assault in video as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Such acts are very common in Pattya, Phuket, BKK especially all the night entertainment venues. It would be appropriate if these so called "campaigner against gender-based violence" go there and do something. Just because one person posted something they are making a big chaos about it. Why don't they really go to those places where it is happening everyday and do something. 

19 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Such acts are very common in Pattya, Phuket, BKK especially all the night entertainment venues. It would be appropriate if these so called "campaigner against gender-based violence" go there and do something. Just because one person posted something they are making a big chaos about it. Why don't they really go to those places where it is happening everyday and do something. 

I guess it’s because this guy is well known and you could say a celebrity and hence an influencer or even role model for younger men. It’s all about calling out those who should set examples. 

The people who campaign against this kind of behaviour have a mountain to climb in Thailand. I have seen Thai men sitting around and will touch a girls leg or tug her skirt as she walks by. The girl walk on as if half expecting it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I guess it’s because this guy is well known and you could say a celebrity and hence an influencer or even role model for younger men. It’s all about calling out those who should set examples. 

The people who campaign against this kind of behaviour have a mountain to climb in Thailand. I have seen Thai men sitting around and will touch a girls leg or tug her skirt as she walks by. The girl walk on as if half expecting it. 

I agree with you.....but this has been going on for generations since the Americans came to Thailand after Saigon war. So who is to blame for this.....the guest or the host? Unless something is done to wipe off all those areas which are promoting such things under the banner of "Tourists entertainment" nothing will change. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

I agree with you.....but this has been going on for generations since the Americans came to Thailand after Saigon war. So who is to blame for this.....the guest or the host? Unless something is done to wipe off all those areas which are promoting such things under the banner of "Tourists entertainment" nothing will change. 

Sorry, you’ve lost me? This is a Thai man groping a Thai woman and happens throughout the country and has been going on for centuries. What does the Vietnam war or Tourist entertainment have to do with this???

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Sorry, you’ve lost me? This is a Thai man groping a Thai woman and happens throughout the country and has been going on for centuries. What does the Vietnam war or Tourist entertainment have to do with this???

What I am trying to say is that it is deep rooted and have cast the image to everyone  "Do as Romans do when in Rome" It can be clearly seen that foreign men and tourists in the pubs and bars doing the same...of course not all. There are many bad apples doing it. Again...I have agree...if the needle hole did not allow, then the thread cannot pass through the needle hole eye. It is not the matter of Thai man or non-Thai man.....it is all between Man and woman

24 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

What I am trying to say is that it is deep rooted and have cast the image to everyone  "Do as Romans do when in Rome" It can be clearly seen that foreign men and tourists in the pubs and bars doing the same...of course not all. There are many bad apples doing it. Again...I have agree...if the needle hole did not allow, then the thread cannot pass through the needle hole eye. It is not the matter of Thai man or non-Thai man.....it is all between Man and woman

I agree with your overall sentiment of the attitude men have towards women. Even in the bar areas such as Soi 4 in Bangkok, Bangla Road in Phuket and Soi 6 in Pattaya there is a need for respect. I see men walk in to a bar and instantly start groping the girls. Most girls of course will encourage it as they are hoping for a drink or to be bar finned. In my view that doesn’t excuse the practice. If you have agreed to bar fine the girl then having her sit on your knee while in the bar is acceptable. It’s still wrong to start groping her in public. 

That said, you can at least understand, though not excuse how some men lose self control in such areas. The alcohol is flowing, the girls are flirting and some men think they actually become sexually attractive to these girls.  It’s when the girls are simply serving or walking past a group of men that is even worse.

I recall walking behind a foreigner and his Thai girlfriend/wife in Pattaya near Soi 11 I think it was. A group of four Thai men of various ages were sat on low stools around a group of motorbikes. As the girl walked past two of the men lowered their heads and looked up her skirt. Another man ran his fingers down her legs. The girl jumped and the foreigner turned around and asked what happened. One of the Thai men said something to her (which I think was something like “does he want trouble or do you want trouble”) with a threatening look. The girl brushed it off and moved her boyfriend on and the Thai men laughed and made derogatory remarks about the two of them.

It’s normal in Thai society and all too often in many societies to see women as sexual objects. I just wish the many campaigners who go on and on and on about it in my country would focus their efforts more often to areas that are more in need.   

• Like 2

Maybe the females are starting to change their attitude to this behaviour. 

Local "play boy" made a comment, girl made a comment in reply, he didn't like the reply and hit her flush on the jaw, 

She got up and kneed him in the "crown jewels" and he is minus his testicles now. 2 months recovering and 

he visits the local temple daily. Rumour has it that he is intending to join the monks.

• Haha 1

This is many normal drinking situations and quite normal for Thai guys and girls alike to play like this when out drinking. These gals remind me of pretties, and if are like that or of that flirty attitude then it is totally normal. 

Nothing to see here. 

Give it to a British lady to jump on a cause that has nothing to do with her. From the looks of it those girls were at least familiar with the guy (one even sitting on him), and neither them nor anyone else around took it seriously. I don't condone this behavior but if it's acceptable to the people there, who are we as foreigners to judge?

26 minutes ago, Pinga said:

but if it's acceptable to the people there, who are we as foreigners to judge?

You mean like child marriage in Pakistan? Or perhaps the stoning or flogging of women in some Muslim countries? Or what about slave Labour on Thai fishing boats? 

It may be acceptable to the perpetrator, but who’s to know what the victims really feel. It’s basic human decency. No one is looking to fly from London and arrest the guy. Perhaps if more stories like this made western news, Thailand would be left with Russian, Chinese and Russian tourists. Leave em to it if that’s the case as all as bad as each other. 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 8:59 AM, Pinga said:

Give it to a British lady to jump on a cause that has nothing to do with her. From the looks of it those girls were at least familiar with the guy (one even sitting on him), and neither them nor anyone else around took it seriously. I don't condone this behavior but if it's acceptable to the people there, who are we as foreigners to judge?

I don' think instance is anywhere near sexual assault, he was being handsy with girls who seemed to know him

I wouldn't do it, but that's me

But I wouldn't call it "acceptable" in a lot of cases

Case in point, my wife and her friends used to go to the bigger city Singburi to "play water" at Songkran

But stopped going because they would get groped all day

I think we can certainly judge that behavior even if it somewhat "accepted"

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 7:29 PM, Soidog said:

You mean like child marriage in Pakistan? Or perhaps the stoning or flogging of women in some Muslim countries? Or what about slave Labour on Thai fishing boats? 

Point taken, but a bit of groping with women who know him (I assume) isn't really equatable to slavery etc. Obviously we can and should judge offenses to human rights, but this case is definitely not one of them.

On 1/3/2023 at 7:29 PM, Soidog said:

Perhaps if more stories like this made western news, Thailand would be left with Russian, Chinese and Russian tourists.

Sorry, had to laugh there. Have you noticed what kind of tourists are coming from western countries, and why? Being able to grope women freely at (some) bars is a selling point - and I'm not talking about just men - women do it too.

7 minutes ago, Pinga said:

Sorry, had to laugh there. Have you noticed what kind of tourists are coming from western countries, and why? Being able to grope women freely at (some) bars is a selling point - and I'm not talking about just men - women do it too.

I think you over estimate how many of the near 40 million people who visit Thailand each year are sex tourists. You also assume that if they are white then they must be European, US or Australian. Many are Russian and increasingly more visitors from Japan, South Korea, India and the Middle East. I was referring to deterring Western tourists. 

I find it utterly incredible that in 2023, anyone would think the behaviour of this guy is acceptable, let alone take the time to defend it. 

On 1/3/2023 at 2:05 PM, Thaiger said:

A well-known Muay Thai fighter joked and showed no remorse after uploading videos of sexually assaulting women at a friend’s birthday party. Thaworn Sudchanham, also known as Wanchalong PK Saenchai, was slammed for his inappropriate behaviour by a British campaigner against gender-based violence, and by many others, after videos emerged of him sexually assaulting women at a party. Thaworn uploaded pictures and videos on TikTok of groping embarrassed women while he was seated in a crowded market-type place, Coconuts reported. Remarkably, the 36 year old champion fighter, from the Seachai Gym who came to public attention after he won a […]

The story Muay Thai fighter laughs off sexual assault in video as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

omg there is nothing wrong here. stop beeing a white knight.