News Forum - ‘Calm down, PM!’ – supreme patriarch sparks Prayut rant

Thaiger

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha is hardly known for keeping his head when all about him are losing theirs. Thailand is quite accustomed to stories of Prayut losing his cool in public, but the PMs avuncular facade often cracks open, revealing the volatile – let’s say “passionate” – leader beneath. When Prayut went to receive a blessing from supreme patriarch Somdet Phra Ariyavangsagatayana on New Year’s Day, the Superior General of the Dhammayut Order sparked a typically-Prayut rant when he got delivered unwelcome truths along with some homespun advice. Thailand’s top monk told the PM… “Take it easy.” The inflamatory advice […]

The story ‘Calm down, PM!’ – supreme patriarch sparks Prayut rant as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

"And you? Do you have any concerns? Are you concerned when you ask me this kind of question? If you have concerns, please help me solve the issues. If not, don’t talk to me.”

Yes, step down and let a competent person take over Thailand.
You've stated several times you do not want to be PM  ...  step aside then.

In fairness, the Thai 5th Estate isn't known for asking very deep or thought provoking questions. How many times does he need to be asked about the same issue he responded to earlier in the day, or what he ate for  New Year dinner.