News Forum - Thai Airways rehab plan soars ahead of schedule

Thaiger

The embattled Thai flag carrier has sold at least eight aircraft and other non-core assets since October, as part of Thai Airways‘ rehab plan. Thai Airways International has updated its ongoing bankruptcy rehabilitation to the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET). THAI, whose subsidiary – Thai Smile, made global headlines yesterday after a mid-air brawl captured on video went viral– said in its submission that it had met all requirements as per the plan. As per rehabilitation plans it has managed to sell many of non-core assets, along with unused aircraft and engines. From September 15 December 15, the airline repaid […]

The story Thai Airways rehab plan soars ahead of schedule as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Ahead of schedule 😂😂. Just that development of the plan is 10 years too late. It’s only the fear of loss of face that keeps this money draining failed company alive. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Soidog said:

Ahead of schedule 😂😂. Just that development of the plan is 10 years too late. It’s only the fear of loss of face that keeps this money draining failed company alive. 

It really is a horrible company

The website has always been clunky

We booked a flight to Tokyo for our son and want to cancel it or change it

If cancel, you have to wait 6 months for a refund

I called their reservations line 4 days ago, asks to leave a # to call back

No call back

But I knew they sucked when I booked it

• Like 1

I am a frequent flyer gold with Thai and now I fly Singapore air. In economy you get your miles at 100% while even the most expensive economy in Thai gave me miles at 70%. That is how you lose customers.

1 hour ago, Alavan said:

I am a frequent flyer gold with Thai and now I fly Singapore air. In economy you get your miles at 100% while even the most expensive economy in Thai gave me miles at 70%. That is how you lose customers.

Then, it was no big loss for the airline. TG is one of the airlines where it is easier to attain status because there isn't an amount spent requirement. And to correct your erroneous statement;

TG Economy Y, B fares earn 110%,  M, H, Q fares earn 100%. The discount fares earn 75% or less. There is no 70% accrual fare on TG.

SQ fares offer a lower accrual per fare class. SQ Economy B, E,Y fares earn 100%,  M,H, W  fares earn - 75% , Discount fares earn 50%

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

Then, it was no big loss for the airline. TG is one of the airlines where it is easier to attain status because there isn't an amount spent requirement. And to correct your erroneous statement;

TG Economy Y, B fares earn 110%,  M, H, Q fares earn 100%. The discount fares earn 75% or less. There is no 70% accrual fare on TG.

SQ fares offer a lower accrual per fare class. SQ Economy B, E,Y fares earn 100%,  M,H, W  fares earn - 75% , Discount fares earn 50%

Why do airlines create so many classifications of tickets. Totally confusing and feels like sharp practice. Loyalty systems are equally baffling. 

I only fly Thai when I no other choice. Rest of the time I avoid them 

19 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The embattled Thai flag carrier has sold at least eight aircraft and other non-core assets since October, as part of Thai Airways‘ rehab plan. Thai Airways International has updated its ongoing bankruptcy rehabilitation to the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET). THAI, whose subsidiary – Thai Smile, made global headlines yesterday after a mid-air brawl captured on video went viral– said in its submission that it had met all requirements as per the plan. As per rehabilitation plans it has managed to sell many of non-core assets, along with unused aircraft and engines. From September 15 December 15, the airline repaid […]

The story Thai Airways rehab plan soars ahead of schedule as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Thai Air should be concentrating on mending it's awful reputation after still not sending refunds to many of it's customers, restart flight schedules from places where they were suddenly cancelled even though people had been loyal to Thai Air for many years. I was once a Gold Card Member with Thai Air from Perth, but Thai Air abandoned us and made ridiculous flights available from Sydney or Melbourne. I mean, who in their right mind wants to travel 4 hours across Australia, have to stay overnight in Sydney, then fly 9 hours to Bangkok and do the same on the way back, and be hit with a pathetic airfare and accomodation bill of nearly $4000? Well done Thai Air, you have lost many customers from Perth and Brisbane. I now fly Singapore Airlines who didn't abandon the good people of Perth and I won't be renewing my Gold Card with you either. Give me my refund and that will be the end of business between you and me. 

6 hours ago, Soidog said:

Why do airlines create so many classifications of tickets. Totally confusing and feels like sharp practice. Loyalty systems are equally baffling. 

I only fly Thai when I no other choice. Rest of the time I avoid them 

The short answer is load and pricing dynamics. The airlines have pricing algorithims that are intended to fill the seats. Also, the full fare tickets allow for cancellation at anytime with refund. Sometimes, getting a P or Z business class  airfare can be less than a full fare economy ticket. Frequent flyers who prefer premium service  know the P and Z fare  game for each airline. Sometimes a route doesn't justify anything more than a  discount fare ticket. However, care must always be taken with the low airfare because they are more stripped down and typically charge for seat selection, changes in reservation and baggage. (My personal hate list is Air Asia with everything add on, such that by the time you calculate the airfare, you can be better off with a mainline carrier.)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chazz76 said:

Thai Air should be concentrating on mending it's awful reputation after still not sending refunds to many of it's customers, restart flight schedules from places where they were suddenly cancelled even though people had been loyal to Thai Air for many years. I was once a Gold Card Member with Thai Air from Perth, but Thai Air abandoned us and made ridiculous flights available from Sydney or Melbourne. I mean, who in their right mind wants to travel 4 hours across Australia, have to stay overnight in Sydney, then fly 9 hours to Bangkok and do the same on the way back, and be hit with a pathetic airfare and accomodation bill of nearly $4000? Well done Thai Air, you have lost many customers from Perth and Brisbane. I now fly Singapore Airlines who didn't abandon the good people of Perth and I won't be renewing my Gold Card with you either. Give me my refund and that will be the end of business between you and me. 

Fair enough. However, if SQ can't make a decent profit, the route will be dumped as quickly as a bargirl dumps a farang customer who is late with the support payment, and you will be just as angry. Your frustration over the airfare refund is legit and no one should have been treated like this . TG customers who were subject to EU or USA regulations were not treated in the same manner. 

I don't understand why the anger about the TG option from Brisbane, everyone with the exception of Quantas has a stop over in SIN. Even Quantas has its stopover in SYD and it is otherwise direct. Scoot (SQ's LCC) has some very low cost airfares out of Perth. The reality is that SQ isn't servicing the BKK market per se. Rather Perth and Sydney are feeder flights into the SQ hub with a majority of pax going on to  North America or the EU. Australia is a relatively small market for international flights, and there is not enough passenger volume to support the schedule you want. 

6 hours ago, Vigo said:

However, if SQ can't make a decent profit, the route will be dumped as quickly as a bargirl dumps a farang customer who is late with the support payment, and you will be just as angry

😂😂😂😂. Made me laugh

21 hours ago, Vigo said:

You can name your dictionary as much as you want, but if a full flex BRUHKT in November was 2400 Euro (with chosing front row seat) and they didn't give me 100% miles, especially on the FRABKK flight, and a premium economy was about the same price with Singapore, 100% miles, better seat and better choice of food, I am smart enough to know what I chose, without checking your whole YBMHQ alfabet.
TG gave me 9626 miles in total SQ gave me 14738.
August I flew bizz with Thai, but the fares went up to much now.
And I fly 3-4 times every year. So if you say I am not a big loss for TG...

11 hours ago, Alavan said:

You can name your dictionary as much as you want, but if a full flex BRUHKT in November was 2400 Euro (with chosing front row seat) and they didn't give me 100% miles, especially on the FRABKK flight, and a premium economy was about the same price with Singapore, 100% miles, better seat and better choice of food, I am smart enough to know what I chose, without checking your whole YBMHQ alfabet.
TG gave me 9626 miles in total SQ gave me 14738.
August I flew bizz with Thai, but the fares went up to much now.
And I fly 3-4 times every year. So if you say I am not a big loss for TG...

No you are not a loss for Thai .If you believe that 2400 Euro is an airfare of significance you are deluded. The airlines make their profit from full fare Y and premium class passengers. They do not make profit from the discount fares. These passengers count towards the contribution margin. Singapore. makes it easier with gold status at a SGD spend of $25000 (17,000 Euro) and 50,000 miles in a calender year. The airlines chase the super eleite, the people who fly 100,000 miles+ and spend 25,000 Euro plus. 

You obviously do not understand how miles are calculated. BRU-BKK-HKT, one way generates a base 6160 miles. If the BKK-HkT was not on TG, you would not have received accrual miles. Because you  were willing to spend more time traveling, you could use Singapore and a lower fare. Shorter flights, direct flights are almost always priced lower.SQ goes through  Singapore and because the route is longer and passenger spends more time traveling the base mileage is 7158 one way,  

I expect many FFs reading this thread are having a good laugh over your excitement on the  accrual of points. Ok, so you received 5000 more points with  SQ. Who are you accruing them too? Silver Kris? Royal Orchid?  The catch with the Asian carriers are that redemption costs are high and, the points expire in 1-2 years, sometimes 3. It is why I stopped accruing with EVA.   It's great that you received 5000 extra miles, now just try and redeem them.  

So I tell you a full fare economy with Thai costs as much as a full fare premium economy with SQ, and SQ gives better miles (which are on my Thai airways account) and a better seat, and you still continue pressing your point...

I am out of this discussion.