Jump to content

News Forum - Russian tourists take Thailand by storm


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Since September, Russian tourist arrivals in Thailand have increased sevenfold. A number of favourable factors make Thailand the perfect place to escape the icy grip of winter in Russia this year. Thailand, especially Pattaya and Phuket, has always been a popular holiday destination among Russians, with 1.48 million Russian tourists arriving in Thailand in 2019. Pre-pandemic, Russia was once Thailand’s 7th largest tourism market. But when the Covid-19 pandemic hit and international tourism drew to a standstill, Pattaya’s Russian-language toilet signs momentarily lost their purpose. In July, Thailand opened up the country again and tourism grew slowly but exponentially. In […]

The story Russians take Thailand by storm as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A number of favourable factors make Thailand the perfect place to escape the icy grip of winter in Russia this year. Thailand, especially Pattaya and Phuket, has always been a popular holiday destination among Russians, with 1.48 million Russian tourists arriving in Thailand in 2019. Pre-pandemic,

Come off it, they are here to avoid their country's genocide in Ukraine and to avoid being drafted. I wonder how many are returning in the near term, not many I bet,  at least not the military age men. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

possibly ..... ? ...its not to........... escape the icy grip of winter .....

and more ,................. escape the icy grip of war ..... which kills people who actually dont want to be killed

 

possible ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Come off it, they are here to avoid their country's genocide in Ukraine and to avoid being drafted. I wonder how many are returning in the near term, not many I bet,  at least not the military age men. 

 

its a automatically generated article.

no humans involved.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

The Russians are coming - The Russians are coming!

 

 

I am more interested in when they are going again. I cannot imagine that they have any great incentive to return to the Motherland.

 

Whilst they have provide a welcome boost for local businesses, I do hope they return after high season.

 

This is purely a selfish comment as I thoroughly enjoyed the peace and quiet of the Covid era. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chaimai said:

This is purely a selfish comment as I thoroughly enjoyed the peace and quiet of the Covid era. 

Yes, I too enjoyed the no tourists during Covid times in CM and still enjoy the still pretty semi quiet times here. Tourism has definetely picked up with Thai and foreingers very apparent to see in CM now starting bigger from Loy Krathong, andnow it is still ok and for the most part pleasant, but I am seriously cringing and not looking forward to overkill of Chinese groups swamping in and then the traffic and tour busses and over crowding and rudeness they bring with it. Before it generally ruined CM. Not many Russians come this way to CM for the most part of what I know and see, so they have never to me been a nuisance or blight. Even when I have done quick trips down to say like Jomtien in the past for a family beach run when was vistiting family in Bangkok, the Russians were still all ok in their bigger numbers. Would be interesting to see how many Russians are here and get the feel of it is a good maneagable thing or a bad thing. Too many toursits and too many topurists from one country all at one time is just never pleasant.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am new here so I don't have the disdain of Russians like others.  I will agree with the comment saying they have no reason to return home.  I think the issue with Ukraine might be creating the largest migration of Russians since the red army defeated the white army in the Civil War.  Sadly, I think the family oriented Russians are not coming as much as the party boys.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ev7 said:

I am new here so I don't have the disdain of Russians like others.  I will agree with the comment saying they have no reason to return home.  I think the issue with Ukraine might be creating the largest migration of Russians since the red army defeated the white army in the Civil War.  Sadly, I think the family oriented Russians are not coming as much as the party boys.  

The Russian political hacks and FSB family types are in Hua Hin in a sizeable number. Despite the economic sanctions, they are staying in 2500-5000 a night places, although not  buying much at Tesco. I expect the theft and looting of the Ukraaine was profitable for some of them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/30/2022 at 7:23 PM, HiuMak said:

All the sanctions seems to have no effect.

Thailand does not enforce  the international sanctions,  so they woul never have had much impact here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I support Ukraine and I hope the Russian tourists will hear the uncensored news available in Thailand which is available from many sources. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use