News Forum - Thai police arrest gang of Chinese visa overstayers in Bangkok

Thaiger

Thailand’s Immigration Police arrested a gang of Chinese visa overstayers in the Chatuchak district of Bangkok yesterday. On Monday, North Bangkok District Court issued a search warrant for a property in Soi Sermsuk to investigate a group of “suspicious aliens.” Officers from the Immigration Bureau searched the property yesterday and found that seven Chinese nationals were staying there. All seven had visas, but five were out of date. Police didn’t say how long they had the five had overstayed in the kingdom. Police arrested four of the Chinese nationals under suspicion of, “being a foreigner staying in the kingdom without […]

The story Thai police arrest gang of Chinese visa overstayers in Bangkok as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Thai police have never previously had a problem with identifying suspects by nationality. It’s almost as if the Thai government has faced pressure to stop embarrassing a nation whose nationals keep getting caught committing crimes in Thailand."

Pressure from outside the nation, perhaps? After all, our unloved Prime Minister seemingly has a love affair with China and would hate to see any undue 'loss-of-face' to his bullying neighbours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

Also, to what extent are  Chinese crimes excessive in relation to other Nations?

Everywhere you look in Asia the Chinese criminals are relevant and active. Rid the area of their filth and hopefully the level of crime will reduce. Do I have a detestation of China and its external criminal influence? You bloody bet I do! Prove me wrong!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

Chinese crimes excessive

Triads???? Tongs???  Call them what you want. 14K, Chung, Wong etc, they have infiltrated the world with their criminal activities, they make the mafia look like pre-school.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

Everywhere you look in Asia the Chinese criminals are relevant and active. Rid the area of their filth and hopefully the level of crime will reduce. Do I have a detestation of China and its external criminal influence? You bloody bet I do! Prove me wrong!

I asked two questions. Please address them. I am aware of your disdain for China and its people. Have a nice day.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, palooka said:

Triads???? Tongs???  Call them what you want. 14K, Chung, Wong etc, they have infiltrated the world with their criminal activities, they make the mafia look like pre-school.

I will await some credible links with interest. Have a lovely evening.  😀

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I asked two questions. Please address them. I am aware of your disdain for China and its people. Have a nice day.

You studiously refuse to answer any question put to you but here you are demanding others do so?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

You studiously refuse to answer any question put to you but here you are demanding others do so?

Couldn’t put it better myself. I don’t think @Poolie has time to answer questions. I think he’s paid by the number of CCP negative posts he counters in social media and other such forums. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Poolie said:

How so bullying? Please explain.

Also, to what extent are  Chinese crimes excessive in relation to other Nations?

Some people are fully on board with the new cold war against China brought on by the US and propagated in western media. The bad part is, this senseless war will ruin Asia for all of us eventually.  I'll laugh when all of these westerners who support this will eventually get banned from China and then we get some domino effect, which will result in them being banned from Thailand too. Flight routes will be banned. This most likely wont happen until the Taiwan war starts though. Which the US seems intent on provoking. 

Edited by socal
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, socal said:

Some people are fully on board with the new cold war against China brought on by the US and propagated in western media.

People that live in a free (relatively) world, have an absolute right to call out a nation that cheats, lies and steals from them.....google will help if you need examples.

Of course you could use a chinese search engine, but unfortunately the information won't be there.....because......you guessed, lies.

Oh, and yes, people that live in a free (relatively) world have an absolute right to call out a nation that inflicted a virus on the world that killed millions of people......again, you guessed, lies.

Still today, 29th Dec 2022, the chinese authorities are withholding vital information about their wuhan virus mutations....unbelieveable!

Until china is open and free with information pertaining to the global good, it will always be untrustworthy.

We, in the free (relatively) world will ALWAYS call this out, so you may as well get used to it.

We, in the free world will NEVER be dictated to.....period.

• Like 1

"for fear that sensationalist reports will hurt international ties"  Yes, because tourism from those unnamed countries is far more important than any crimes their citizens might commit while here, even overstaying.

What a ridiculous policy.  Amazing Thailand.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Poolie said:

I will await some credible links with interest. Have a lovely evening.  😀

Chinese criminal gangs have been operating for a long time in SE Asia. One minute google search displays these articles (links). If you were really interested in this subject I am sure you could have figured it out yourself.  :)

https://asiatimes.com/2017/08/chinese-crime-gangs-descend-southeast-asia/

https://asiatimes.com/2022/09/china-crime-gangs-use-cyberslaves-across-se-asia/

https://southasiantribune.com/chinese-criminal-syndicates-rampant-in-se-asia/

https://www.aninews.in/news/world/asia/chinese-criminal-syndicates-major-problem-in-southeast-asia20220504064352/

https://rieas.gr/researchareas/military-intelligence/3193-chinese-organized-crime-in-southeast-asia-drivers-and-activities

• Like 2

"It’s almost as if the Thai government has faced pressure to stop embarrassing a nation whose nationals keep getting caught committing crimes in Thailand."

South East Asia in general and Thailand in particular would rather the rest of the world did not know they are rapidly becoming nothing more than Chinese Puppets.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, socal said:

Some people are fully on board with the new cold war against China brought on by the US and propagated in western media. The bad part is, this senseless war will ruin Asia for all of us eventually.  I'll laugh when all of these westerners who support this will eventually get banned from China and then we get some domino effect, which will result in them being banned from Thailand too. Flight routes will be banned. This most likely wont happen until the Taiwan war starts though. Which the US seems intent on provoking. 

Joke! Surely