News Forum - Bitcoin mine raided over suspiciously big electricity bill

Thaiger

A commercial building in Nang Rong district, Buri Ram, has been running up a suspiciously big electricity bill. The premises – two storey-building with two shop fronts – were raided by police Sunday, is a search for an illegal bitcoin mining operation. China’s recent ban and crackdown on cryptocurrency has fuelled a cryptocurrency mining boom in Thailand as small investors quickly bought up equipment that is now useless in China. In September, China’s central bank declared all digital currency trading and mining illegal. Some of the largest Bitcoin mining operations in the world relocated while many smaller miners sold their […]

The story Bitcoin mine raided over suspiciously big electricity bill as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

How can anyone simply connect to the power grid without insider job. If need to connect to the power lines, then professional service and shutting down the particular power line is important to enable the connection. This looks like 10000% insider job.

11 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

How can anyone simply connect to the power grid without insider job. If need to connect to the power lines, then professional service and shutting down the particular power line is important to enable the connection. This looks like 10000% insider job.

It’s normal in Thailand and many other countries for people to either bypass meters or connect to the grid side of the incoming supply. It is of course a highly dangerous activity to undertake, but with a bamboo ladder and a thick rubber glove, you can do it. 

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

It’s normal in Thailand and many other countries for people to either bypass meters or connect to the grid side of the incoming supply. It is of course a highly dangerous activity to undertake, but with a bamboo ladder and a thick rubber glove, you can do it. 

I do agree with you it is possible with high resistant rubber gloves. But again the million dollar question is how did the meter reader who records it every month never notice the sudden extraordinary high consumption for 9 months, unless there is a kick back from bottom to top in that particular distribution

7 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

I do agree with you it is possible with high resistant rubber gloves. But again the million dollar question is how did the meter reader who records it every month never notice the sudden extraordinary high consumption for 9 months, unless there is a kick back from bottom to top in that particular distribution

I think you’ve nailed it. Corruption is often the answer to many problems. 

• Like 1