News Forum - Road accidents involving motor bikes on the rise in Phuket

Thaiger

As we head into what has become known in Thailand as the “Seven Days of Danger” – the holiday period from December 24 to January 4 that always sees an increase in road deaths – a new report initiative is shedding light on an increase in motorbike accidents in Phuket. The Phuket Provincial Administrative Organisation has begun releasing a report called the Summary of Operations of Phuket Tourist Assistance Centre. While its goal is to report on various emergency situations in the province, the majority of items in the report are regarding motorbike accidents. This year, Phuket has reported 103 […]

The story Road accidents involving motor bikes on the rise in Phuket as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

23 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

the holiday period from December 24 to January 4 that always sees an increase in road deaths

No it doesn’t. It’s a myth. Average road fatalities fell last year during this period. Not because of any amazing work by the authorities. Simply because less people are travelling to and from work and as part of their work at breakneck speed. Less trucks on the road with drug addict drivers also helps.  

• Confused 1

On 12/25/2022 at 12:37 AM, Soidog said:

No it doesn’t. It’s a myth. Average road fatalities fell last year during this period. Not because of any amazing work by the authorities. Simply because less people are travelling to and from work and as part of their work at breakneck speed. Less trucks on the road with drug addict drivers also helps.  

More drunks bc of Christmas and new years id imagine 

1 hour ago, socal said:

More drunks bc of Christmas and new years id imagine 

Well the figures show that on average 60-65 people per day die on Thai roads. Going back to 2019 (pre-Covid) the number of road deaths during these so called seven deadly days was 345. That’s 49.2/day. So how is it worse than any other normal day. It’s just a myth. 

On 12/25/2022 at 4:11 PM, Thaiger said:

As we head into what has become known in Thailand as the “Seven Days of Danger” – the holiday period from December 24 to January 4 that always sees an increase in road deaths – a new report initiative is shedding light on an increase in motorbike accidents in Phuket. The Phuket Provincial Administrative Organisation has begun releasing a report called the Summary of Operations of Phuket Tourist Assistance Centre. While its goal is to report on various emergency situations in the province, the majority of items in the report are regarding motorbike accidents. This year, Phuket has reported 103 […]

The story Road accidents involving motor bikes on the rise in Phuket as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Lane splitting at high speed and not wearing any gears are likely cause of death in most motorbike accidents.

• Like 1

I remember doing moderately drunk rides on my rented Yamaha R6 with no helmet , shorts and a T shirt , going from Patong to Karon beach at night. It sounds like a contradiction but i did it responsibly. Riding defensively and being aware. 

It was too fun not to do. One of the highlights of my life. I'm gonna do it again when i get the chance 

I had to touch that wire.

Edited by socal