first extension of a O visa

JamesR

Hi everyone,

I have a 90 day O visa from the UK.

In February 2023 I will apply for it to be extended for one year using the over 50 years old option.

Does the one year extension start on the day you apply, the date you entered the country or the date the 90 day visa expires?

Thanks in advance.

James R

You'll be extending your 90-day stay, not the visa.

The 1-year extension of your permission of stay should start from the expiry date of your current 90-day permission of stay.

On 12/24/2022 at 12:17 PM, Faz said:

You'll be extending your 90-day stay, not the visa.

The 1-year extension of your permission of stay should start from the expiry date of your current 90-day permission of stay.

Thanks for your reply. I can now plan the details. 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2022 at 11:45 AM, JamesR said:

Hi everyone,

I have a 90 day O visa from the UK.

In February 2023 I will apply for it to be extended for one year using the over 50 years old option.

Does the one year extension start on the day you apply, the date you entered the country or the date the 90 day visa expires?

Thanks in advance.

James R

I don't know what is standard, but I just obtained a 1-year extension on my 90-day type-O visa permission to stay earlier today (based on retirement (I am well over age-50)).  In my case the 1-year,  was 1-year from the date in which my Type-O Visa Permission to stay was to expire.

Details:  

My 90-day Type-O was obtained in Thailand, NOT in the UK, so my situation is different.

My 90-day Type-O permission to stay in Thailand was to expire 15-Feb-2023.  I showed up at the immigration office about 43 days prior to that (which some immigration offices allow, others insist on 30-days or less) and I submitted my paperwork for the extension (based on retirement).

I have had the necessary 800K THB in the bank since July-2022 (and had the appropriate proof of that). The Immigration office kept my Passport over night.  

I picked up my Passport  the next day, and it has me stamped with a permission to stay until 15-Feb-2024 ... so in my case it is one year from the date in which my 90-day Type-O visa was to expire.

33 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

I picked up my Passport  the next day, and it has me stamped with a permission to stay until 15-Feb-2024 ... so in my case it is one year from the date in which my 90-day Type-O visa was to expire.

That is standard.
Any extension of the period of stay, be it 30, 60, 90, or 365 days, should always start from the date your previous permission of stay expires.

1 hour ago, Faz said:

That is standard.
Any extension of the period of stay, be it 30, 60, 90, or 365 days, should always start from the date your previous permission of stay expires.

👍