News Forum - Thai man exchanges fake US dollar bills for baht at two banks in Thailand

Thaiger

Yesterday, police arrested a Thai man in Pattaya who successfully exchanged fake US dollar bills for Thai baht at two banks in Thailand. The suspect said he was paid 2.5% of the cut to commit the crime. Police seized 759 counterfeit US dollar bills upon arresting 54 year old Nawat Singhawak in Chon Buri province’s Bang Lamung district yesterday. First, Nawat strolled into a Kasikorn Bank (K-bank) branch in Mae Sot in Tak province, northern Thailand, with 99 fake US dollar bills. K-bank employees didn’t realise the banknotes were fakes and exchanged them for 373,083 baht. Nawat deposited the money […]

The story Thai man exchanges fake US dollar bills for baht at two banks in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Dear Mr.Gary J. Peterson, I fully agree with you that having counterfeit currency could affect the economic system. But you also have to agree with me that Printing uncontrolled amount of US currency has collapsed the economy of many countries around the globe

A “Thai man”. In Thailand. That’s an amazing story. Wasn’t just a man, but a real Thai man. Well worth pointing that out or I would have assumed he was one of those pesky Farang  from the far away Farangland of dragons and scary things. 

Merry Christmas! 

• Haha 1