News Forum - 90% of hotels in Chiang Mai fully booked during New Year

Thaiger

If you’re planning on visiting Chiang Mai in northern Thailand this New Year, then you had better be quick, because 90% of hotel rooms in the province are already booked up, according to the Thai Hotels Association (Northern Region). Hotels in the province are expected to generate one billion baht in revenue during the high season, which runs from November to March, according to the association. President of the THA‘s Northern Region, Phunat Laopanich, informed ThaiRath that Thailand’s tourism industry has improved by leaps and bounds over the past few months. He said that tourism revenue was closing in on pre-pandemic […]

The story 90% of hotels in Chiang Mai fully booked during New Year as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I can believe this. Lots of Bangkok travelers in their cars here and foreign tourists are all around as well. I alsmost see 40% cars are from Bangkok and the rest CM and surrounding areas. CM is in the cold season and seems to be doing quite well.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, socal said:

I don't get the draw of CM. Never been there. Not interested in going inland like that. 

But everyone and their dog goes up there. Why 

I don't mean to be rude

But I'm a pretty blunt person

This post is so stupid

"I don't get the draw of CM. I've never been there " really is a dumb thing to say

But I will answer your dumb statement/question 

Me personally, and I wrote this in another thread

CM has to be one of the only touristy areas in Thailand where there is no farang ghetto 

Most places you go are a mix of tourists and locals

The people are exceedingly polite, which many Thais not from CM always remark about when we go there

They don't do the fake "kiss farangs ass" thing 

The city has a great pace to it, way more laid back than most tourist towns

And there are awesome drives into great mountain scenery 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

I don't mean to be rude

But I'm a pretty blunt person

This post is so stupid

"I don't get the draw of CM. I've never been there " really is a dumb thing to say

But I will answer your dumb statement/question 

Me personally, and I wrote this in another thread

CM has to be one of the only touristy areas in Thailand where there is no farang ghetto 

Most places you go are a mix of tourists and locals

The people are exceedingly polite, into great mountain scenery 

Everyone has an opinion. I'm just surprised how popular it is. With the big mango on offer , Pattaya , Phuket and the islands , i just don't know how it gets on ppls priority list. 

1 minute ago, socal said:

Everyone has an opinion. I'm just surprised how popular it is. With the big mango on offer , Pattaya , Phuket and the islands , i just don't know how it gets on ppls priority list. 

I get that actually 

A lot of people think of the beach when they think of vacations/holidays

And when I only havea limited time for a vacation I am usually picking the beach myself 

But you should give it a shot for a few days

I'd gladly give you recommendations 

One of the great things about Thailand is flying is so cheap