News Forum - For Tesla Thailand, all bumpy roads lead to China

Thaiger

For newly-minted Tesla Thailand, there’s a bumpy road ahead, and it leads back to China. Tesla began sales in Thailand, just over a week ago, offering its popular Model 3 and Model Y at prices that compete with rivals like BYD. The company staged a glitzy showcase of its plans at Bangkok’s Siam Paragon mall with vehicles to be delivered in the first quarter of next year. Around the same time, Toyota was staging a glitzy showcase of its own electric dreams. Tesla deliveries in China this November were at an all-time high, but that has done nothing to stop […]

The story For Tesla Thailand, all bumpy roads lead to China as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Think soon you'll have to be a very rich person to run a Tesla.

As for Bangkok I do wonder how they'll cope with the yearly floods, the little I have bothered to read on them suggest they are averse to immersion with possible very expensive replacement of batteries a maybe.

18 minutes ago, palooka said:

As for Bangkok I do wonder how they'll cope with the yearly floods, the little I have bothered to read on them suggest they are averse to immersion with possible very expensive replacement of batteries a maybe.

Would you really trust an automated car in Bangkok traffic? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2022 at 12:47 PM, palooka said:

Why would you have to be rich to run a Tesla?

Teslas can actually be submerged in water. The battery pack is sealed. Of course, it isn't recommended. But it can be done. Plenty of videos showing Teslas effortlessly plow through flood water while fossil fuel vehicles are stuck and no longer working.

• Like 1