News Forum - Ratchaburi locals urge foreign tourists to wear face masks

Thaiger

Residents in the central province of Ratchaburi urge foreign tourists to wear face masks while travelling in Thailand because the Covid-19 situation is expected to be more serious during the High Season. Channel 3 reported that they received a complaint from locals in Ratchaburi about the use of face masks among foreign tourists. Locals said that most Thai people still use face masks but foreigners don’t. Residents want officials to encourage foreign tourists to wear face masks. Residents are worried about another Covid wave because more tourists are visiting Thailand now restrictions have been lifted. They believe another coronavirus outbreak […]

The story Ratchaburi locals urge foreign tourists to wear face masks as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Thousands of visitors are parading around without masks and doubtless are spreading the virus. Where ii Anutin and why is he not demanding the wearing of masks. Thailand still does not have bivalent vaccines even though they are available in Singapore. I am now 5 months past my second booster and cannot get one that deals with the Omicron variant for many months to come. Yet another example of shambolic planning and execution from the pothead!

• Like 1

What a non story because as the article says.... 

"Most Thai people and business owners in the province think it is fine for foreigners to drop their face masks." 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Pompies said:

I am now 5 months past my second booster

And yet you haven't fallen foul of this hideous and silent killer. You must be living as a hermit - locked doors, never going outside, groceries delivered and triple-masked while inside?

20 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

And yet you haven't fallen foul of this hideous and silent killer. You must be living as a hermit - locked doors, never going outside, groceries delivered and triple-masked while inside?

I unfortunately had it twice. Before the pandemic was put into emergency effect (Feb 2020) and then after in April 2022. April 2022 infection was a bit hard on me and lasted 9 days. I wear masks, and i really think in certain places foreigners and Thai should wera them. At this point it is not only covid but also a respiratory virus (not covid) and now a flu starting to travel the globe soon to be hitting hard. So 3 things. For me I think am going to go get a flu shot now before I get that one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

For me I think am going to go get a flu shot now before I get that one

I haven't had a flu shot since leaving the Army in 2001 and I like to think that my body will fight what antibiotics and increasingly stronger vaccines seem to weaken. Yes, I lead a fairly healthy lifestyle with heaps of fruit and sunshine, but the bleating reliance of the multitude on preparation for the plandemic(s)[sic] make me laugh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

I haven't had a flu shot since leaving the Army in 2001 and I like to think that my body will fight what antibiotics and increasingly stronger vaccines seem to weaken. Yes, I lead a fairly healthy lifestyle with heaps of fruit and sunshine, but the bleating reliance of the multitude on preparation for the plandemic(s)[sic] make me laugh.

I am pretty done with covid shots as had 2 and that's all for me. But I do think having both really helped my 2nd bout of covid last April as it was a little hard on me. Flu shots are not really every year for me but this year I think I will get one. Not all vaccines are bad ones, but to eahc his or her own for what they do. I stay pretty healthy to a point as run 5 times a week and eat pretty healthy for the most part. Doesn't mean something won't get me though. I have a friend in the USa who his wife and kids just came down with the flu and also already had covid. Luck of the draw I guess.

• Like 1

I agree with many of the above comments. However, for me, the question is how long are we to remain like this? Covid for most people is now nothing more than a light flu. Of course for some it can be fatal, as can flu. The difference seems to be that Covid is more contagious and to a degree, less seasonal. Are we therefore going to wear masks in crowded places for the next 2 years? 5 years? Forever? Is carrying a mask in our pocket and spares one’s lying around in cars and at home the new way to live? Why are we protecting the so called vulnerable now, but didn’t seem to worry in previous years with flu? This is a mindset issue and in order to move us all on and stop wearing masks, it will need a similar push from authorities as they did to make people wear them. 

I spend at least 4 months of the year living outside of Thailand in Europe. Life here is basically back to how it was in 2019. There is the odd exception in hospitals. Otherwise the world has its vaccinations and the pandemic is over. I’ve had Covid in April this year. I felt a bit rough for few days and that was it. I’d happily take that once a year in exchange not to wear face masks. I know some will jump on that and say it’s selfish as it’s ok for me and what about those who aren’t so lucky. But if that principle is now the way we are to live as a society, then mask wearing is the least of our worries. 10 people a day die in Thailand from Covid and there is no data to show how that number is helped by mask wearing. Equally 60 from road deaths. We are indeed a confused species when it comes to such matters.

I would also add. What’s the point of wearing a mask when the majority don’t wear them correctly?  

Edited by Faz
image without link removed.

The rules are you wear a mask in public venues like shopping malls.

What makes people think they are so special they can ignore the rules?

Do you guys also ignore rules about motorcycle helmets and seatbelts? 

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The rules are you wear a mask in public venues like shopping malls.

Not for shopping malls.

Since September, afaik, "just" in cinemas and public transportations.

If I recall that right. everything else seems to be a "if crowded better do, but it is up2you"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Not for shopping malls.

Since September, afaik, "just" in cinemas and public transportations.

If I recall that right. everything else seems to be a "if crowded better do, but it is up2you"

You may be right. It got hard keeping track of the changes which were in one day and out the other.

Personally I just wear one. If it stops me giving even just one old lady the virus its worth it. 

10 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

If it stops me giving even just one old lady the virus its worth it. 

You should not go out or at least not  close to others, knowing you have covid ;-)

8 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

You should not go out or at least not  close to others, knowing you have covid ;-)

I wouldn't. But if I was asymptomatic how would I know?

Wearing a mask is a small inconvenience which may save a life. 

Just do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I wouldn't. But if I was asymptomatic how would I know?

Wearing a mask is a small inconvenience which may save a life. 

Just do it.

Oh, I do. 7/11 on Phuket get crowded again, so there, or in Malls.

But mostly for me, I don't care anti maskers or anti vaxxers

• Like 1