News Forum - Unable to find a temple home, monk living in bus terminal

Thaiger

The Thaiger recently covered “The Terminal, Bangkok Edition” – a story of a woman stranded in the terminal at Suvarnabhumi Airport for two months waiting for her pickup. Now, in the Trat province, a uniquely Thai version of the Hollywood movie starring Tom Hanks has transpired. A monk in the eastern province of Thailand found himself stranded in a bus terminal after not finding a temple to take him in. The monk had planned to move from a temple in Bangkok to one in Trat and hopped on a bus to make the long journey. Since he arrived, he has […]

The story Unable to find a temple home, monk living in bus terminal as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Don't they have any association for the monks to stay and spend their days peacefully till their last call. It is really sad to see such situations. They gave up everything to serve the religion and yet the religion cannot protect them when they need it. Really sad

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Carrying only a bag of clothes and 500 baht, he arrived in Trat

I was under the impression monks weren't supposed to handle money, or am I mistaken?

I wonder if there is more to this story as on the face of it it would seem to cast the Trat temples and their Abbotts in a very poor light if they cannot even look after one of their own.