News Forum - Ukraine enlists international legal advisers to help investigate alleged sex crimes by Russia

Thaiger

Ukraine is enlisting the help of international legal advisers to assist in investigating alleged sex crimes by the Russian military. The recaptured city of Kherson has become the site of the investigation as authorities have started gathering evidence of the crimes. According to Inquirer.net, the Global Rights Compliance team is reportedly helping with the full-scale investigation in an effort to support overwhelmed Ukrainian authorities as they seek to hold Russians accountable for alleged crimes committed. Such sexual crime accusations surfaced after Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24. Accusations of rape and other sexual crimes were mounted nationwide according to the […]

The story Ukraine enlists international legal advisers to help investigate alleged sex crimes by Russia as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Considering they themselves sacked the woman in charge of propaganda for telling blatant lies, I'd say they're on thin ice. 'There's a wool-uf, there's a wool-uf!!'

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Considering they themselves sacked the woman in charge of propaganda for telling blatant lies, I'd say they're on thin ice. 'There's a wool-uf, there's a wool-uf!!'

Surely you would encourage international advisors to investigate such crimes so as to negate the chance of Ukrainians embellishing the figures?

Of course Russia should have no issues with these investigators looking around given it has always claimed the accusations are false. Have to say I have not seen any Russians sacked for telling blatant lies yet.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fanta said:

They are lawyers not investigators. 

https://globalrightscompliance.com 

“We’ve come down here for a three-day mission to support the Office of the Prosecutor General, and specifically the team investigating conflict-related sexual violence. It’s about asking the right questions, pursuing unique or different lines of investigation that might otherwise not have been pursued by local investigators.”

Sounds like an investigation to me.

Relax Fanta. Russia has said there is nothing to find anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, Rookiescot said:

“We’ve come down here for a three-day mission to support the Office of the Prosecutor General, and specifically the team investigating conflict-related sexual violence. It’s about asking the right questions, pursuing unique or different lines of investigation that might otherwise not have been pursued by local investigators.”

What investigative team? Ukraine’s team so bias is guaranteed. All the lawyers are doing is collecting data from their client to build a case. And 3 whole days? Color me unimpressed. 

1 minute ago, Fanta said:

What investigative team?

Ermm....... this bit. "It’s about asking the right questions, pursuing unique or different lines of investigation that might otherwise not have been pursued by local investigators.”

Of course you are unimpressed. You have spent the entire war denying there was anything to investigate.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Ermm....... this bit. "It’s about asking the right questions, pursuing unique or different lines of investigation that might otherwise not have been pursued by local investigators.”

Of course you are unimpressed. You have spent the entire war denying there was anything to investigate.

Uh huh.. 3 whole days…

btw: when will you learn that I will call you out every single time you make false claims as to what I have written? I have always said “alleged” and “alleged” they will remain until proven. Some people think propaganda doesn’t exist, some people believe everything they hear in the media and some people straight out lie to further their cause. Dwell on that. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Uh huh.. 3 whole days…

btw: when will you learn that I will call you out every single time you make false claims as to what I have written? I have always said “alleged” and “alleged” they will remain until proven. Some people think propaganda doesn’t exist, some people believe everything they hear in the media and some people straight out lie to further their cause. Dwell on that. 

Well you know the risk nowadays if you question anything that goes even slightly aside of the mainstream narrative. And when you do, the ones who only follow and trust unquestionably the mainstream narrative "think" then that they know who are and what think the ones that do not (pro this, pro that, anti this, anti that, ect...), so they feel in their right to throw arrogant false claims, which are basically replacing their lack of arguments, and certainly understanding, and most surely intelligence. And that's how ends any debate nowadays.

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.” (Bukowski)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

They are lawyers not investigators. 

Are you saying a lawyer can’t be an investigator? You start somewhere. That is unless you don’t want the facts to come out into the light. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Poolie said:

I'd say they're on thin ice.

You get worse by the day. On thin ice? Given what vile crimes have taken place by Russians in Ukraine, how dare you be so glib and obtuse about such an important issue. Disgraceful. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Poolie said:

You need to grow up fella. There’s a joke and then there’s inappropriate posts. You’ve crossed the line. Shameful.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/terror-and-security/how-russian-soldiers-terrorise-ukraine-sexual-violence/

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Fanta said:

Uh huh.. 3 whole days…

You dont call me out on anything. I simply remind you of the nonsense you have posted regarding the war in the Ukraine.

We know who has lied and spun for Russia.

Dwell on that.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Yeah and she was sacked because of it.

Russia claims there have been no atrocities, rapes, executions, tortures or civilians targeted. Which is clearly untrue. How many Russian officials were sacked for telling lies?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

You dont call me out on anything. I simply remind you of the nonsense you have posted regarding the war in the Ukraine.

We know who has lied and spun for Russia.

Dwell on that.

Bullshit. I have challenged numerous spurious claims from you, even labelled your claims as lies,  and demanded you link to what you claim I wrote. Every single time you come back with a variant of the “I won’t waste my time” excuse. This is another example of you lying. Go fetch.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fanta said:

Bullshit. I have challenged numerous spurious claims from you, even labelled your claims as lies,  and demanded you link to what you claim I wrote. Every single time you come back with a variant of the “I won’t waste my time” excuse. This is another example of you lying. Go fetch.

I dont need to fetch anything Fanta. People already know what you have written.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fanta said:

Different thread, same old insults.

You are the one that refuses to answer questions, why, because it would prove how economic you are with the truth.

Surely there isn't any doubt that the Rashists have been committing these 'sex crimes' in Ukraine, is there?

Rape and torture of children.

In late September 2022 a panel of investigators from the Independent International Commission of Inquiry on Ukraine[9] released a statement which said that the commission has "documented cases in which children have been raped, tortured, and unlawfully confined." and labeled these as war crimes. The same report also referenced children being killed and injured by Russia's indiscriminate attacks as well as forced separation from family and kidnapping.[10]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_violence_in_the_2022_Russian_invasion_of_Ukraine#:~:text=According to the Sexual Violence,it had verified 23 cases.

• Like 1