News Forum - Cool weather sees tourists heading north for holiday weekend

Thaiger

More Thais will travel during this holiday weekend than last week’s as cool temperatures see tourists heading north. People are choosing to travel on Constitution Day because they preferred to stay with their family on Fathers’ Day last weekend. Cool and foggy weather in the North and Northeast are very attractive to Thais who have been sweating under sultry storm clouds for months. Hotel occupancy rates are back at the top, according to the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT). The tourism authority expects that the number of domestic trips from Saturday to Monday will exceed 3.4 million and generate 12.6 […]

The story Cool weather sees tourists heading north for holiday weekend as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

CM is full of literally hundreds upon hundreds of Thai Harley Riders and in the city part many tourists. Currently the bikers are at Central Airport Mall drinking and partying seeing a really large outdoor band show. 

12 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

CM is full of literally hundreds upon hundreds of Thai Harley Riders and in the city part many tourists. Currently the bikers are at Central Airport Mall drinking and partying seeing a really large outdoor band show. 

jj market is heaving with tourists, mainly Thai and Korean.  Our favourite food stalls had up to 10 ppl queued awaiting service, and that was at 10am.  Silver vans still disgorging more ppl as we finish up and get outta here. 

Hate to see what happens when Cn tourists return but the clothing and novelty stalls are all doing well.

35 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

jj market is heaving with tourists, mainly Thai and Korean.  Our favourite food stalls had up to 10 ppl queued awaiting service, and that was at 10am.  Silver vans still disgorging more ppl as we finish up and get outta here. 

Hate to see what happens when Cn tourists return but the clothing and novelty stalls are all doing well.

Yes I have seen the same. I recently walked into and then directly out of a golf course and went somewhere else as it was way too swamped with more Koreans than I have ever seen in one place. Weird feeling. I like diversity and it certainly wasnt there. Seems high season has already hit or is climbing, and I will cringe when Cn unlocks its gate and good ole CM gets over inundated again which will be inevitable. 

Honestly the amount of tourists here now you can see and feel. Tour busses on the rise everywhere with the vans as you mentioned.

• Like 1