News Forum - What next for Bali as Indonesia bans sex?

Thaiger

In a draconian overhaul of the country’s criminal code, Indonesia has  criminalized sex outside marriage. The reforms include a ban on cohabitation between unmarried couples and would apply to both Indonesians and tourists. The angered rights activists and prompted protests in Jakarta. However, the reactions in Bali range from scepticism to concern. Santi Aprilia, an Indonesian housewife, told the Guardian… “These rules were proposed a few years ago, and it didn’t happen … so I don’t know if the government will really implement this. “Indonesia needs tourists to come, but what if foreigners that aren’t married want to come here? […]

The story What next for Bali as Indonesia bans sex? as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

How do the authorities know...are they going to have candle light vigilance?.....ha..ha....Just close the door and pull the curtain to enjoy life

3 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

How do the authorities know...are they going to have candle light vigilance?.....ha..ha....Just close the door and pull the curtain to enjoy life

While that’s true, I believe it is linked to a law which make cohabiting before marriage illegal. In which case, hotels would need to request proof of marriage. It’s simply not going to happen. Watch this space, or rather it will just die without any fuss. 

7 hours ago, Soidog said:

While that’s true, I believe it is linked to a law which make cohabiting before marriage illegal. In which case, hotels would need to request proof of marriage. It’s simply not going to happen. Watch this space, or rather it will just die without any fuss. 

You really gotta give it to the enlightened men who come up with ideas like that. I hope you're right, but they remain a menace nonetheless.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Soidog said:

It hasn’t banned it, yet and it won’t ban it. So Bali will be fine and life will go on. 

I agree. Wether this law will pass or not, Bali will stay as it is, same as Pattaya will stay as it is although prostitution is illegal in Thailand.

• Like 1