News Forum - Four orcas spotted playing near the Similan Islands

Thaiger

Killer whales, otherwise known as orcas, were spotted off the coast of the Similan Islands in Phang Nga province. A private chartered fishing trip ran into the group of four seemingly friendly orcas as the boat sailed the waters of the Andaman Sea nearby the islands. The 35 year old local host of the trip said that he had taken 5 people out on a fishing expedition yesterday. They were sailing just north of the main islands off the coast of Koh Tachai when they spotted the pod of orcas. The tiny island is part of the Similan Islands National […]

The story Four orcas spotted playing near the Similan Islands as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hang on did I read this right, they were drifting in a national park when they saw the orcas so pulled up their fishing lines so as to not injure them. I recall the hullabaloo a while ago when a tourist posted pictures of fish he caught in a national park. Were they all Thais fishing and was that why there was no stink kicked up or is it ok for Thais to fish in national marine parks. Or did the boat operator pay the police for a license to fish in a national park? It’s illegal to fish in national parks so I await the police action against those breaking the law